Shorts in the MDR for dinner

Just now, Tulsacoker said:

My crystal ball is showing you will be seeing speedos around the ship .. 

As long as it is not when I am trying to eat my dinner 🙂  

I spent 9 years living in Europe I am accustomed to speedos and nude beaches 🙂  

2 minutes ago, Jeff&Mel said:

I'm just curious, does having a dress code equate to lack of Freedom?  🙂

No, of course not, as a dress code is simply a rule put in place by a private entity.  One can choose to patronize that entity or not.

Some people do take umbrage with others dressing a certain way, even though the private entity allows it, thus appearing to shun freedom of choice.

Also, you appear to enjoy the company of subjects over free citizens, per your own anecdote.

1 minute ago, MericaAR15 said:

No, of course not, as a dress code is simply a rule put in place by a private entity.  One can choose to patronize that entity or not.

Some people do take umbrage with others dressing a certain way, even though the private entity allows it, thus appearing to shun freedom of choice.

Also, you appear to enjoy the company of subjects over free citizens, per your own anecdote.

I really don't care what others wear-with the exception of swimwear in the MDR.   I was just teasing 🙂

1 minute ago, Jeff&Mel said:

Is there a way to find out before the cruise what the different theme will be each day?

you planing on hitting up the windjammer for dinner on the night shorts are allowed in the MDR? 

just kidding. Might look for the cruise compasses for your itinerary that someone posted a few weeks before your cruise 

Just now, vacationlover_mn said:

Honestly wondering what your definition of half naked is?  Shorts and tank top?

Goodness no!  Although, I guess that could be considered half naked 🙂  I meant females in bathing suits in the MDR for breakfast.

2 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

you planing on hitting up the windjammer for dinner on the night shorts are allowed in the MDR? 

just kidding. Might look for the cruise compasses for your itinerary that someone posted a few weeks before your cruise 

LOL !  You are funny!  No, I must have given off the wrong impression!  

I like to "theme" dress!  It is fun 🙂  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff&Mel said:

I really don't care what others wear-with the exception of swimwear in the MDR.   I was just teasing 🙂

I think we both enjoyed a little bit of fun 😉

Heck, we have the UDP and don't even plan on eating in the MDR.  I do look fabulous in a speedo though...

Edited by MericaAR15
Spelling
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Image result for peaking in

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Come on man, if ya got it (according to you) flaunt it. 

I don't want to get banned for making folks blind.  From my fabulousness, of course.

Not to go too far into the weeds here, but there really are some good natured, humorous and helpful people here on CC.  I've thoroughly enjoyed researching my cruise.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, davekathy said:

Your cargo shorts and shirt look good to me. 👍 I have cargo shorts like the pair you're wearing and in other colors that I also take on cruises. But the cargo shorts you are wearing are not what you said you packed in your luggage for your cruise. Are you posting more pictures showing the style of shorts in the pictures you provided you packed? 

Now that’s stylish, I guess that works on a hot evening cruising the Caribbean seas.  That still would not fly with QM2 passengers 😆

35 minutes ago, James4me said:

Now that’s stylish, I guess that works on a hot evening cruising the Caribbean seas.  That still would not fly with QM2 passengers 😆

I'I don't care what fly's on QM2.  Shorts would even work for me on cold weather cruises as long as I'm inside the ship. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'I don't care what fly's on QM2.  Shorts would even work for me on cold weather cruises as long as I'm inside the ship. 

I wore shorts on my Alaska cruise every night in August.      Lol.  Being a UPS driver I’m always in shorts.   Lol 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

I wore shorts on my Alaska cruise every night in August.      Lol.  Being a UPS driver I’m always in shorts.   Lol 

I'm also one that doesn't care what the outside temperature is. It's the inside temperature that counts. I've never been too cold or too hot inside any ships we've been on.

Is that you Doug Heffernan. 😉