1-16-20 Thursday Weigh-In......Half Of January Is Gone..Where Does The Time Go?

Belle

Don't you wish we could lose as fast as the days go by

Also that the weight stays off and we can say bye bye (to the weight not this group)

Only thing nice by the days going by fast

Is the winter weather will go and it will be spring at last

Usually in warmer weather people exercise more

But you as a group are doing your exercise now indoor and outdoor

Congrats to you for doing exercise when it's raining, snow or just plain cold

Shows how smart you are  to keep it up in this weather your bold

Eating right/healthy in winter is hard when we want comfort food

Salads are fine but winter we want those carbs that are hot and good

We know to lose weight each week we have to work hard each day

Plus have to get on the scale each Thursday

So today I hope that you have a number on the scale that goes down

Then you will have a big smile and not a frown:classic_smile:

• Like 3

Hi, all! Just saw this listed as a featured forum, so I had to drop in and check it out. Looks like you've got a pretty good community going on here already, so I hope it's okay that I jump in the middle of it.

I have about 80 pounds total to lose, but I'd like to drop 30-40 before my next cruise in July. (Technically mid-June when the vacay begins.) That seems totally doable to me, but I just got back from a short girls trip with my sister and ended up gaining back almost 3 of the 4.5 pounds I'd lost this month. 😞

I tried to keep moving while we were away, working to get my daily steps in, but I just couldn't overcome all the food! But, we had a good time and I'm not going to beat myself up about it, just have to get back in the saddle again.

Looking forward to chatting with you all in our quests.

--Cheri

• Like 2

Didn’t have a number that went down this week.

My weigh-In is on Tuesday’s. I am up .4

I didn’t do anything wrong.  I had a 3.2 loss last week and usually when I get a big drop like that week I sometimes have a small gain the next.

So now I am moving on to next week’s weigh in. 

Everyone have a good week.

Gail

Edited by liketraveling
  • Like 1

Hello,

Belle, thanks for the poem. You leave soon right? Where are you cruising to? 

Welcome Cheri and Gail. You two and Jan had small gains so don't sweat it. 

I stayed the same. Been the same for weeks now. At least I'm not gaining. But I really need to lose. 

Hope others did better.

Diana

Thanks for the inspiration Belle! Welcome to Cheri and Gail! I hope you find our forum to be a great source of inspiration on your weight loss journeys.

Jan - Don't feel too bad, I'm also up. I'm up 2 pounds this week... but it was my birthday on Tuesday, and it was a biggie so there's been lots of celebrating. At one point, there were not one but two whole cheesecakes in my kitchen!

Diana - hope you can kickstart your loss again this week. 

Have a great week everyone!

Welcome @cheride!  30 pounds should be doable (healthy weight loss is up to 2# per week).  That's a good attitude to not beat yourself up - it doesn't change anything and just takes away from the good memory.  Learning from the past to better adjust for the future is important, but condemning ourselves for our mistakes doesn't help anyone.

Welcome, Gail!  I agree that small gains like that can be normal.  Good job moving forward

Hi to all the "regular" gang.  Happy belated birthday, Robin!  My flu symptoms have returned so not much activity yesterday or today - pretty slow moving, but at least I am moving some 🙂 I'm happy to report a loss - almost 2#, and trying to be content with a very respectable loss rather than frustrated that weight is still over 200.  I knew it wouldn't be healthy if I lost over 8# in a week so I'm not sure why I struggle just taking the win🤷‍♀️

I'm posting my numbers for my own benefit/accountability but others can feel free to post as much or as little detail as they want:

Start: 208.6 (1/9/20) This week: 206.8

Goal 5/14 (next cruise): 20# loss - 18.2# remaining

Goal 10/22 (just after 25th anniversary): another 25# loss

Goal end of year: finish weight of 155#

Hey all! I'm back. If anyone cares to read it, I did a review in the princess forum. 

I am only up .8 since the 2nd!!!

Cheri - You've got this

Gail - Hang in there

Jan - We all have motivation issues at times. You're doing great!

Diana - At least you're consistent

Robin - Happy birthday (I love cheesecake)

PA - Great goals 

• Like 1

Hi all! Welcome to the new people!

I'm up .4# this week. The kids and I were volunteering close to DH's office yesterday and finished just before lunch. I should have just driven home,  but I called him up and we all had a lunch date at Chili's...I got a cheeseburger. I am starting to pull out clothes for our cruise; we leave in less than 3 weeks now. Hopefully I'll get a final motivational push!

Cheri..Welcome to our group, glad you read about us. Come in anytime to talk and

of course Thursdays.

Lot of new people joined us last week. Hope to see them here soon. With a loss I hope but even if 

they had a gain. We in this together, come in no matter what. In fact need to come in when we gain

helps us to get back on track.

Gail..A small gain does happen after a big loss. Bet it's off next week.

Jan..A small gain you know you can get it off. Your close to your goal.

Diana..Your at goal or close to it? Harder to lose. Staying the same is better than a gain.

Robin..Happy Birthday! Glad you enjoyed it. Cheesecake (yum). Now back on track.

You'll get the gain off soon.

Pac..I'm sorry your sick again. Colds and Flu and such is going around. Hope your

well soon. At least you lost a few pounds and didn't gain

Jenny..Glad you had a great cruise. Read it about it on Princess.Com Good review. 

Nice pictures.  Only gained .8..Great Job!  

Mel..Bet the gain is from your dinner and will come off fast. Have "fun" getting ready for the cruise.

To me getting ready for cruise is not "fun" but the going is.:classic_smile:

I stayed the same. Glad I didn't gain. Ate a few things I shouldn't have. (sweets)

Wanted to lose because of cruise but maybe can lose a pound or two before I leave.

My cruises are a ..Coastal, then Hawaii and last Mexico. Same ship. 30 days.  

One is free, others discount and OBC.  Couldn't pass then up. You know me!:classic_laugh:

I leave the 22nd next Wed. As you know I try to post as have free internet but depends

if it's working at the time I go on. Sometimes I might be able to start the thread if not busy,

think about it and internet is working but don't count on it. So will someone please start the

thread each Thursday till I come back. I will come in till I leave and try while I'm on the cruise.

Hope the rest of our group come in today or tomorrow. Need to account for ourselves. Good or Bad.

Everyone have a good Friday and weekend no matter what your weather is. 

• Like 3

HI all!

Belle ~ nice poem.

Great to see new people joining us.

Jenny ~ I'll take a look at your review, maybe tomorrow as today was a busy day.

I'm down 1.2 lbs.I don't know why or how but I'm happy about it. I could do better if I only ate meals with nothing in between but would find that hard to do. I need my cookies & a salty snack in the evening.

3 weeks from today I sail away & can hardly wait.

Have a nice weekend & see you next week.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 2

Robin, Happy Birthday. Hey, we have to celebrate.

PAcruise, good loss.

Jenny, great you only gained a little. 

Melmer, small gain. ok. 

Jo, good loss.

Belle, have a great trip.

Belle.....Me at goal? Hahaha. No. But I'm at a reasonable weight and not at my highest.

Diana

• Like 3

I have not been doing well on my diet since about mid December finally got back on track Monday.  Hopefully I will  be back to my mid December weight by the end of next week.

Congrats to all on coming here and being accountable gain or loss.

Kim

• Like 2

Jo..Nice loss. Your like me..the dreaded night time snack!:classic_rolleyes: Why do we do it?

Diana..Thank you. Can't wait to go.  Know you don't have much to lose unlike me.

Kim..Congrats getting back on track. To a loss next week.

• Like 1

There has been so much illness going around that our school called a sick day today.  The facilities team is going to go through and disinfect all the classrooms over the long break.  Some of our districts have over 50% absent due to health 😞 We have single digit wind chill this morning, so I'm glad to not have to leave the house.  I'm feeling a little better so I'll try to get some deep cleaning done here, make a big batch of soup, and maybe walk on the treadmill while catching up on some youtube.

Sunday is our community group (assuming I stay healthy) and the plan is soups and salads, so hopefully not too many calories 🙂 Does anyone else have plans for dealing with weekend foods?

Have a great weekend all.

• Like 1

Where's everyone? Especially everyone new who joined last week. Come back... If not

coming here because you gained..remember it's alright. You will get it off. We all

have good weeks and bad weeks. We're human. We just keep trying each week.

Everyone have a Good Sunday.

• Like 1

Good Afternoon this Sunday.  Watching football? Snacking? Good snacks?

Diana..Yes should be getting ready, kinda am but think  I will be packing last minute.:classic_ohmy:

Good on eating healthy this weekend. I'm trying too.

Grandpaul...True..calories don't count on a cruise ship but some how find you when

you dock.:classic_laugh:

Everyone have a good week.

• Like 1

Hey, everyone!

So last week, I posted that I was down to 215 (from 340, for those of you who weren't in last week's thread). I had held steady at that weight (+/-) since December. I took December off from dieting so that I could enjoy the holidays. I figured I wouldn't lose any if I were eating more than usual, and I didn't. However, I am pleased to report that as of this morning, I am down to 211. So about a 4 pound loss over the past couple of weeks. My December cheat month only set me back temporarily. Phew! :)

For those of you who have posted a small increase, do not get discouraged! Weight changes by the hour, believe it or not. It fluctuates constantly for many different reasons (hormones, whether or not your bladder is full, and who knows what other reasons!). When I first started dieting last year, I would get so discouraged whenever I would step onto my scale and the number would be a pound or two UP instead of down. Until I found an article online about weight fluctuation. The journalist weighed herself every hour for 15 hours. Over those hours, her weight jumped up and down over a 7 pound span. Gaining or losing that much weight in 15 hours is physically impossible. Reading that article (and seeing the pictures of her on the scale) helped me IMMENSELY. So please don't let a one or two pounds gain make you feel like you have failed in any way!

By the way, I weigh myself multiple times every day. It helps keep me in check. Or maybe I'm just crazy like that. haha

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/g19990871/weight-fluctuation-experiment/ 

Edited by dreamr
  • Like 3

My health seems to be 2 steps forward 1 step back (at least it's improving though).  Saturday was pretty good and I managed to get my 10K steps, but yesterday was rough and I had less than 1K.  I did really well with not snacking - I guess lack of appetite is a plus from illness 🙄- so hopefully will still show a loss on Thursday. 

Dreamr, those fluctuations during the day are wild!  I try to stick to just the once a week and as close to the same time as possible.

Hello all!

This looks like a great thread to keep following. I am definitely there with you in this struggle. It has been a while since I’ve managed to work on it but I’m ready to try to start again. Weight sure doesn’t seem to come off like it used to when I was younger. Exercise is also difficult because I work full-time on my feet the whole day. 

My name is Natalie. I need to lose somewhere around 70 pounds maybe more.  For now I’ll be happy to just start with a few.  My next big cruise is in September. Serenade VANCOUVER to Honolulu so that is my short term goal. That said, I fully agree with whoever said it is a lifestyle change not a diet. 

Belle I read your first thread of the year where you were talking about sweets. Oh how I can relate!  That is my struggle too. 

Anyway time to get off and ready for bed. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. 🙂

• Like 2