Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Shekim

Bringing on water/soda

Recommended Posts

In the last 5 or 6 years we have purchased the drink package which includes bottles of water. We are taking a 5 day next and we are not purchasing the package. Does Royal still let you bring on water? Soda?

 

Thanks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.

 

The limit is 12 containers of non-alcoholic bevrages per stateroom, each no more than 500ml, must be carried on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Bob...it's been a while and I had no idea. We used to take a case of water and 2 6pks soda. Appreciate your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Don't forget your two bottles of wine!  (if you drink alcohol, that is)

We're gonna go this one sober 😉   We finally made diamond so will limit the drinking to the diamond lounge hours

Edited by Shekim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you need to bring more water or soda on, board in two groups, separate from each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mojomanny said:

If you need to bring more water or soda on, board in two groups, separate from each other.

RCI newbie here....How does this work, don't they just take your tagged bags (presumably with waterbottles in them) from you at embarkation?  Why the need for boarding in 2 groups?  Or, are you referring to bringing it on a carryon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NthernLgts said:

RCI newbie here....How does this work, don't they just take your tagged bags (presumably with waterbottles in them) from you at embarkation?  Why the need for boarding in 2 groups?  Or, are you referring to bringing it on a carryon?

From their website: Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom.

 

Has to be carry-on...not in your luggage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NthernLgts said:

Why the need for boarding in 2 groups?

So that it's not so obvious you are going over the stateroom limit - same as wine bottles. For example, if you use separate security lines, you are much less likely to be questioned about water/wine, than if you are next to each other in the same line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 12:12 AM, KDNest said:

From their website: Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom.

 

Has to be carry-on...not in your luggage. 

 

Here is what it says in my cruise documents that just came this morning. I am unsure if we are allowed or not allowed, seems to be conflicting information, I guess I better call Royal Caribbean.

 

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines) or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine or champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom. Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible. Luggage containing wine or champagne will not be delivered to the stateroom and guests will need to retrieve their luggage from security once the ship has set sail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bronx12 said:

 

Here is what it says in my cruise documents that just came this morning. I am unsure if we are allowed or not allowed, seems to be conflicting information, I guess I better call Royal Caribbean.

 

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines) or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine or champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom. Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible. Luggage containing wine or champagne will not be delivered to the stateroom and guests will need to retrieve their luggage from security once the ship has set sail.

 

That is old info.  You can bring the 12 containers of non-alcoholic beverages.

 

Beware, calling Royal may or may not confuse you even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

 

That is old info.  You can bring the 12 containers of non-alcoholic beverages.

 

Beware, calling Royal may or may not confuse you even more.

 

1 hour ago, Bronx12 said:

 

Here is what it says in my cruise documents that just came this morning. I am unsure if we are allowed or not allowed, seems to be conflicting information, I guess I better call Royal Caribbean.

 

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines) or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine or champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom. Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible. Luggage containing wine or champagne will not be delivered to the stateroom and guests will need to retrieve their luggage from security once the ship has set sail.

I just looked on my cruise eDocs and it says the same things as above, but their website FAQ says more: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

 

Curious if you get a different answer. We leave in a week and I plan on bringing 12 cans of soda. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think calling RCL will provide a correct answer about 50% of the time.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Symphony in November, I put a 12-pack of Coke, a 12-pack case of water, and 2 bottles of Prosecco in the same duffle bag and carried it on.  No one stopped me.  I actually had 2 rooms booked for my family so I wasn’t breaking any rules, but the security people didn’t know I had 2 rooms.  I really don’t think they care about non-alcoholic beverages.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

I think calling RCL will provide a correct answer about 50% of the time.😁

 

Optimistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 For instance, you have two bottles of wine in your carryon. It goes through the scanner, it is seen as 2 bottles. Nothing is said, it is fine.

You don’t need to pull it out and show anyone 

 
At dinner one couple told us they each had two bottles in their carry one and went though separate security lines.  Not really right to do but it is done 
 

When we came back onboard from Cozumel 2 weeks ago with Tequila in our beac bag they just let us go through 
Go figure 

We just held onto it in our room until we returned to Miami 
 


 

 

 

Edited by janetz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At embarkation, the checking of the bags is done by a security company and not RCL employees.  So sometimes you get a person that will question everything in your bag and others are just get there to pass time.    It's a crap shoot whether they will question my 6 pack of Coke or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, janetz said:

 For instance, you have two bottles of wine in your carryon. It goes through the scanner, it is seen as 2 bottles. Nothing is said, it is fine.

You don’t need to pull it out and show anyone 

 
At dinner one couple told us they each had two bottles in their carry one and went though separate security lines.  Not really right to do but it is done 
 

When we came back onboard from Cozumel 2 weeks ago with Tequila in our beac bag they just let us go through 
Go figure 

We just held onto it in our room until we returned to Miami 
 


 

 

 

My experience, for what it is worth, is that on most cruise lines is that they ignore alcohol brought in from ports, except if you have it delivered to the boat directly from a shop that offers duty free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrong thread

 

 

Edited by Moltar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...