Jump to content

Live From Regal 1/19/2020 E. Caribbean


Recommended Posts

Looking at the beer menu, I don't see Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin IPA, but, I'll bet they have at numerous bars? Just curious, as I'll be onboard in 2/2/2020 and that's been my experience on our last few cruises...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CruiseVA said:

Looking at the beer menu, I don't see Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin IPA, but, I'll bet they have at numerous bars? Just curious, as I'll be onboard in 2/2/2020 and that's been my experience on our last few cruises...

One more day...:classic_biggrin:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Troy did his usual excellent comedy performance. While I think night 1 was better he is still one of the best comedians I have seen. 
 

after the show we sat in the Piazza and listened to a live band play. I really missed this, Celebrity doesn’t do a great job in live performances. 
 

After about 90 min we headed back to the cabin to enjoy sailaway from the balcony.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steelers0854 said:

Troy did his usual excellent comedy performance. While I think night 1 was better he is still one of the best comedians I have seen.

Did the comedian do a repeat of his prior performance or was it different material the second time?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a beautifully dreary morning on St Marteen this morning. Forecast shows a cloudy day with rain showers off and on.
 

We headed to breakfast and it was fairly calm this morning. Likely due to our early 7am arrival in port. 

 

We have been here several times before and thus elected to stay on board and enjoy a fairly empty ship at the pool relaxing.
 

2D7F2D10-66E4-45DF-9FC2-51F55AEAC0DE.thumb.jpeg.9cec5ba98a32e0389d5014ef8fac19da.jpeg

 

BFC0FBE1-9904-4FBB-AA57-BFDE67D436DC.thumb.jpeg.daacb92a72195c8de7c75c1e21b8d2e6.jpeg

 

As I write this now it’s pouring rain outside. 
 

image.thumb.jpg.1199f3ea04fca5e106fc27fa41aca165.jpg

 

I will admit one benefit was watching the chair hogs, that had put their stuff down reserving their seats and haven’t been here in the 30 min I’ve been sitting here, run from inside the ship to rescue their already drenched things. Sorry if that sounds mean but I think what they do is so rude. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Did the comedian do a repeat of his prior performance or was it different material the second time?


Brand new show thankfully. I’m sure the 7 and 9 performances were the same but he did a completely different set, but he did tie some of the things from show 1 in so most of the audience caught the prior references. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

Looking at the beer menu, I don't see Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin IPA, but, I'll bet they have at numerous bars? Just curious, as I'll be onboard in 2/2/2020 and that's been my experience on our last few cruises...


I haven’t seen that beer anywhere on board. Wasn’t on the app, pool deck bar or any of the others I looked at. 

 

21 hours ago, SnowCrocus said:

We board the Regal in about six weeks and we are not Steelers fans. I'm enjoying this thread, though. 🙂 What is a "King's Cruise Lottery" listed several times in the Patter?


lol no clue. There is a big screen interactive tv in the casino that displays it though. Not sure what it is but we walk past it every night enroute to the theater. 

 

21 hours ago, finnkle said:

Did you happened to see if there are bucket of beer deals on the ship?


Ive looked around and haven’t seen any yet. I’ll keep my eyes peeled. Maybe sometime the last 2 days at sea I’ll see something. 

Edited by Steelers0854
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 12:47 AM, vettprincess said:

How about something other than food pictures. No Princess Cays-? some venue pictures would be helpful? How about pictures if you go to St Thomas and St Maartin? Dining places, Bars, night club photos, all on the ship. Many people would like to see ship photos and land photos to give them idea of what to expect. Also, patter is hard to read and not very clear on the posts.


actually, being also gf and df, I really appreciate the food commentary and the pictures, thank you Steelers0854, much appreciated. Also, I’m not having any problems reading the patter or viewing any photos. Really very clear for photos taken in variable lighting conditions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

im guessing they do because they have a large banner behind them that says parrots on the piazza. 

I've read they do Puppies in the Piazza on Alaskan cruises.  Wonder what they'll do in the British Isles.. :)

 

We're on Regal in June.  Thanks so much for your review!  I had read not all of Regal had the new beds.  Do you know if all the rooms have new beds now?  Thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you keep an eye out for when they will offer the Crab Shack specialty restaurant?  It is usually set up in a cordoned off section of the Horizon Court for one night.  We are on the same cruise in 10 days and DW loves the Crab Shack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, greenie082756 said:
  On 1/21/2020 at 6:47 PM, vettprincess said:

How about something other than food pictures. No Princess Cays-? some venue pictures would be helpful? How about pictures if you go to St Thomas and St Maartin? Dining places, Bars, night club photos, all on the ship. Many people would like to see ship photos and land photos to give them idea of what to expect. Also, patter is hard to read and not very clear on the posts.

while I agree on some of those points … I am not a foodie and can scroll thru those and the patters pretty quickly

 

I appreciate ALL photos and the narrative … if I do have a pet peeve, it's when someone has posted 20 pictures ( that's not the peeve ), it's when one or more posters feel the need to "quote" the post - all pictures / etc. are -re-posted - then the posters only comments are something like 'beautiful' / thanks / following

 

sorry

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jenf22 said:

I had read not all of Regal had the new beds.  Do you know if all the rooms have new beds now?  Thanks! 


So I’ve read a couple people talking about this. Honestly I wouldn’t know what they were like before. But DW said it feels like she is sleeping in a coffin because she sinks into the middle of the mattress. So I’m hoping they are yet to be replaced. The comforter is super fluffy and warm and we had a top sheet without asking for one. Sorry probably not much help there. 

 

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Could you keep an eye out for when they will offer the Crab Shack specialty restaurant?  It is usually set up in a cordoned off section of the Horizon Court for one night.  We are on the same cruise in 10 days and DW loves the Crab Shack.


Will do. I also enjoy it and may partake, DW isn’t a seafood eater (this time by choice) and she usually just hangs out with me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So the afternoon (and really most of the late morning) has been a complete washout. Low visibility and downpours made the decision to stay onboard a good one. We have been relaxing in crooners reading this afternoon. 
 

Sorry folks internet has been abysmal today I’m guessing due to the rain so no photos for the time being. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Steelers0854 said:

Troy did his usual excellent comedy performance. While I think night 1 was better he is still one of the best comedians I have seen. 
 

after the show we sat in the Piazza and listened to a live band play. I really missed this, Celebrity doesn’t do a great job in live performances. 
 

After about 90 min we headed back to the cabin to enjoy sailaway from the balcony.  

Was he a LA Cop?  I recall seeing a comedian who was a former policeman a couple of years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jenf22 said:

I've read they do Puppies in the Piazza on Alaskan cruises.  Wonder what they'll do in the British Isles.. 🙂

 

We're on Regal in June.  Thanks so much for your review!  I had read not all of Regal had the new beds.  Do you know if all the rooms have new beds now?  Thanks! 

 

I'm in an interior on Baja deck and I'm reasonably certain that I do NOT have a new mattress in this cabin. The bed has a significant divot in the middle. When I roll over at night it's an uphill roll. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrSchwump said:

Was he a LA Cop?  I recall seeing a comedian who was a former policeman a couple of years ago.


Don’t believe so. I don’t remember him making any mention of it. He did say he was in the Army. 

 

3 hours ago, Storm Monkey said:

I haven’t seen mention in the patters of anything relating to an egg drop competition or an escape room. Any info on whether these are offered on this ship and itinerary?


I haven’t seen either mentioned at all. If I had to guess I would say the Concerts at Sea folks being on board may have effected this as they use a number of the spaces onboard for their program. But we have 2 sea days coming up. My guess if they were going to have one it would be then. 

 

4 hours ago, Croptop said:

 

I'm in an interior on Baja deck and I'm reasonably certain that I do NOT have a new mattress in this cabin. The bed has a significant divot in the middle. When I roll over at night it's an uphill roll. 🙂


DW cracked up when she read this and couldn’t agree more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...