AQ Class locations on Silhouette

Beachlover1989

We are sailing in AQ class for the first time on an Antarctica cruise on the Silhouette in January 2021.  We got a cabin towards Aft where the AQ cabins are below all the Sky Suites on Deck 12 because we don't like to be underneath public areas.  Are these cabins good?  I'm just wondering why the AQ class cabins on Deck 11 that are underneath the pool deck are considered A1 and the ones in our location are A2?  TIA!

26 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

We are sailing in AQ class for the first time on an Antarctica cruise on the Silhouette in January 2021.  We got a cabin towards Aft where the AQ cabins are below all the Sky Suites on Deck 12 because we don't like to be underneath public areas.  Are these cabins good?  I'm just wondering why the AQ class cabins on Deck 11 that are underneath the pool deck are considered A1 and the ones in our location are A2?  TIA!

I am not sure about that either, but we have sailed in Aqua several times and one time we were under the gym. We got a wake up call early in the morning from the noise above. Others have commented about the cabins under the pool and the noise from chairs being dragged in to position. After our experience we booked cabins towards to back of the ship as you have done.  Maybe it’s down to the longer walk to the lifts?

• Like 1

Cabins mid-ship are generally perceived to be more desirable in terms of location and ship stability.  

Some of the cabins toward the aft are generally quiet but are a longer walk to the stairs/elevators.  We stay in that area and are pleased.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Look up the sticky at the beginning of the page and you can find out precise information about these cabins from people who have stayed in them.  Enjoy your cruise.  Silhouette is our favourite ship.  Love the Lawn Club Grill.

52 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Look up the sticky at the beginning of the page and you can find out precise information about these cabins from people who have stayed in them.  Enjoy your cruise.  Silhouette is our favourite ship.  Love the Lawn Club Grill.

I did look up all the cabins on the S-Class cabin info and they agreed these cabins were great.  That's kind of why I was asking because I was a little confused.

I always take the aft ones.  ESP aq class ones.  The area your in is where I have been 3x.  Best and quiet. My only guess is the a1 is closer to the spa.  I don’t mind the walk it’s really not that far.  Enjoy the room n cruise. 

• Like 1

The difference between A1 & A2 is solely Location.   On Silhouette there are both A1 and A2 on deck 11 -  The A2's mostly forward and AFT and A1's Midship.    Many consider a mid ship location even under the pool deck preferable for a smooth ride than a forward or aft cabin.   

You will find the cabins the same size and have all the same amenities.   Only difference is perceived value for the location.   I would suggest checking out  your room on the S-Class Cabin sticky. 

2 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

I did look up all the cabins on the S-Class cabin info and they agreed these cabins were great.  That's kind of why I was asking because I was a little confused.

We actually  and exclusively cruise in Aqua.   Although we are able to move up to AQ1 rooms, we opt for the AQ2 towards the rear of the ship.  On the Silhouette, you have cabins above you which we love. You have made a great choice with Silhouette.  Enjoy!

• Like 1