New Orleans Mardi Gras distance from Pier to grandstand

bocaraton

It depends upon which grandstand and how far you are comfortable going.  You probably CAN walk, but hard to tell if you SHOULD walk.

Google maps will show you the distance and the routes.

Last time I was in NOLA, it appeared that taxis were easy enough to get.

you can also seek advice in the roll call thread.  I assume this mights be yours.  We did it last year.  

What VIP grand stand are you talking about?  There are several.  Most of the grand stands are set up on St. Charles near Lafayette Square.  What day are you in NOLA?  Is it actually on Mardi Gras or one of the other many days of Carnival?  This matters because there are numerous parade routes. 

But to answer your question, if your grand stand is at Lafayette Square, it is too far to walk with a walker and scooter.  The Square is about 7 blocks west and then 4 blocks north.

Edited by Aquahound

Having been there, I'd agree with Aquahound.
Also, the quality of NOLA sidewalks and crosswalks leaves a lot to be desired! Not that far, but quite bumpy.
Many ship's excursions offer grandstand packages that include transport to/from the ship. Usually overpriced for what they offer, but it would solve your mobility issues. 
I'm hesitant to suggest a taxi. If you're going to a grandstand, then it's parade time? So taxis will be scarce, may get stuck in gridlock and may not be able to drop you right at the grandstand entrance.

Also, the 'grandstands' themselves are essentially just tiered bleachers and just getting to/from your seat (strip of aluminum) may also be a challenge.
Sorry to be rather negative but NOLA parades are a challenge for those not nimble on their pins. 
An alternative is to book a balcony spot with one of the hotels (a taxi will drop you off at the door) that overlook the parade route, then you can use your scooter as a comfortable seat and have a high-up grand view of things.