Cruise Critic Community
kickboxrca

Neptune Suites to Aft Balconies - Nieuw Amsterdam

Hi all,

We have booked on the NA - Tropical Caribbean - I am looking at the available cabins at the sale price - on deck 8, the ship layout as provided by HAL has Neptune Suites on both sides of the ship.  When I look at the cabins online, they have each been converted into two aft balcony cabins.

Question - does anyone know if the cabins are the same size as the other aft balcony cabins?  For the ones on the far port and starboard, do you get the large part of the wraparound balcony? 

So tempted to try and get one of these - but worried about the balcony size (and of course the noise from the lido one deck above).

Thoughts?  TIA!

So I just took a closer look - I don't think they are changed in size - just reallocated ... this seems weird.... is it because of the lido being above it?  Would we get all of the size of the prior Neptune Suite in this cabin??

The Aft Neptune cabins are a bit smaller for interior space, the wraparound deck more than makes up for it, at least for me.

Gor for it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had one of the aft neptunes on deck eight for our recent alaskan cruise.  They were Neptune suites.  We had absolutely no noise from the Lido.

Sorry, confused by your questions. The title of your thread says Nieuw Amsterdam. Those wrap around Neptune Suites have always been Neptune Suites. They haven't been converted into or from smaller aft balcony cabins. They do tend to be smaller in the room size than a normal Neptune but have larger decks, as others have said. They do vary from deck to deck and ship to ship. The older ships generally have the larger aft and wrap decks. Deck 5 wraps on some ships can hold up to 40 to 50 people for a gathering!

The reason I was asking is that I was looking at included verandah cabins included in the sale price and it included one of these at the bargain price of VC and VB cabins, while the VAs slightly forward were a premium. 

Based on this, I think I should call HAL and rebook!

thanks!

I think it's a glitch. The booking deck plan has the cabins identified incorrectly. The corner that should be 8169 (SB) is mislabeled as 8173. The three odd-numbered VCs are mislabeled, too. If the website is giving you 8173 at the VC price, I think you would be getting that VC, second from the right across the back. The booking site is highlighting the wrong spot on the deck plan. It's also not filling in the color completely on the corner afts, a sign that something isn't right with the website. 

Given all the glitches with that website, this doesn’t surprise me. Thanks very much for your help!