Booking Celebrity on an RCCL Cruise?

cgolf1

We are going back and forth between Celebrity and RCCL which really isn't smart for building loyalty, but we go with the line that has our ship or itinerary of choice that year.

The question about booking Celebrity onboard an RCCL trip is there any benifit to doing so? Do you get more off the room etc?

Right now we found a 10 day in 2022 that would be very cheap and we would get the beverage package free on an inside room. So we are thinking we book it today to lock it in, appears we can cancel the room, and then re-shop the room on-board in case a better deal is to be had.

Is there any flaws in my logic?

You get whatever you would have gotten if you had booked the Celebrity cruise onboard a Celebrity ship.

If you cancel and rebook, you would be paying current prices, so if the price had gone up, you could be paying more even with extra perks.  Make sure you book with a totally refundable deposit if you want to cancel when you find a better deal onboard.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You get whatever you would have gotten if you had booked the Celebrity cruise onboard a Celebrity ship.

If you cancel and rebook, you would be paying current prices, so if the price had gone up, you could be paying more even with extra perks.  Make sure you book with a totally refundable deposit if you want to cancel when you find a better deal onboard.

We found a 10 night cruise in an inside room with the free classic beverage package that would cost 110 per night per person after taxes, really hard not to lock that one in.

Edited by cgolf1

1 minute ago, cgolf1 said:

We found a 01 night cruise in an inside room with the free classic beverage package that would cost 110 per night per person after taxes, really hard not to lock that one in.

If you can book fully refundable, then I'd book now to lock it in.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

We found a 10 night cruise in an inside room with the free classic beverage package that would cost 110 per night per person after taxes, really hard not to lock that one in.

If it's a refundable fare I'd book now. The only thing you'd be getting while booking on onboard is the reduced deposit of $100.00 PP (ask to make sure it applies to both non refundable and refundable deposits) and an additional OBC for booking onboard. The OBC for an inside stateroom for 10 nights is $150.00 (per stateroom) from Celebrity. 

Edited by davekathy

20 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If you can book fully refundable, then I'd book now to lock it in.

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If it's a refundable fare I'd book now. The only thing you'd be getting while booking on onboard is the reduced deposit of $100.00 PP (ask to make sure it applies to both non refundable and refundable deposits) and an additional OBC for booking onboard. The OBC for an inside stateroom for 10 nights is $150.00 (per stateroom) from Celebrity. 

So what we learned is the 1 perk option for the inside room is non refundable and it would be 110 per person per night for 10 nights after taxes.

The 3 perk option for the inside room is refundable and it would be 134 per person per night for 10 nights after taxes. We would do the OBC, Classic beverage and the tips. I just need to flip over to the Celebrity board to figure out if the value of the 2 extra perks makes it worth it.

The only thing I hate about the celebrity site is they hide the deposit status well. When the list the Promos taken off, if it has NRD after them it is non refundable. The issue I take with that is they don't warn you about that at all, and we almost booked non refundable. Thankfully the chat person was helpful.

Thanks and davekathy, do I see you over on the Celebrity board? Screen name looks really familiar.

24 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

So what we learned is the 1 perk option for the inside room is non refundable and it would be 110 per person per night for 10 nights after taxes.

The 3 perk option for the inside room is refundable and it would be 134 per person per night for 10 nights after taxes. We would do the OBC, Classic beverage and the tips. I just need to flip over to the Celebrity board to figure out if the value of the 2 extra perks makes it worth it.

The only thing I hate about the celebrity site is they hide the deposit status well. When the list the Promos taken off, if it has NRD after them it is non refundable. The issue I take with that is they don't warn you about that at all, and we almost booked non refundable. Thankfully the chat person was helpful.

Thanks and davekathy, do I see you over on the Celebrity board? Screen name looks really familiar.

Now that depends 😲 Yea, I hangout over there also. We bounce back and forth from RC and Celebrity cruises. Variety is the spice of life. 😉Personally I'd book with the 3 bundled perks you listed. ($134.00 v $110.00) Gratuities alone are going to be $310.00. Add in the OBC and CBP even better. 

Edited by davekathy

27 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

We would do the OBC, Classic beverage and the tips. I just need to flip over to the Celebrity board to figure out if the value of the 2 extra perks makes it worth it.

OBC is $150 per person.  Grats would be about the same for a 20 night cruise.

You are getting an extra $600 in perks which is $30 per person per day for the 10 night cruise.  You are actually better off with this than the 1 perk.