Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
drumming cruisers

Bliss Haven H5 or H7 ????

Thinking of booking Bliss Alaskan cruise.

Looked at floor plans for Haven. H5 is forward deck 17  by lounge, pool, restaurant and observation deck. its a very small cabin, really doesn't look any bigger than a standard balcony. Also would it be really rocky in Alaskan waters? so high up and right in front of the ship?

The H7 has a living room and separate bedroom. Looks much bigger and nice than H5, but is on decks 10,12 and 13 I believe. A lot farther from the Haven amenities. Is less expensive too. 

Which would you book? Anyone seen both of the cabins? or been in them?

Edited by drumming cruisers
spelling

We would take the H7 for the space. But it is a looooonnng walk to the elevators and a long way to the Haven complex. You’ll find that you’ll miss the Haven experience because you will not want to walk there. 

The H5 is wider than a standard balcony. The H5 balconies on deck 17 are deeper than the H5 balconies on deck 18 for Bliss.

The H7 can be deck 9,10,11,12, or 13 for Bliss. The balcony is small but the deck 13 balcony is partially enclosed and one of them is wheelchair accessible. 

For 2 people, I'd take the H5 on 17.

We were on the Bliss in Mid December - 2 bedroom - H2 (maybe H4? not too sure) If paying haven prices I wouldn't stay out of the Haven.  It was so incredibly convenient.  

26 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

Looked at floor plans for Haven. H5 is forward deck 17  by lounge, pool, restaurant and observation deck. its a very small cabin, really doesn't look any bigger than a standard balcony. Also would it be really rocky in Alaskan waters? so high up and right in front of the ship?

The H7 has a living room and separate bedroom. Looks much bigger and nice than H5, but is on decks 10,12 and 13 I believe. A lot farther from the Haven amenities. Is less expensive too. 

We prefer the H5 because it is such a short walk for a glass of wine to enjoy on our balcony. 

We found the Alaskan seas calm as could be in late August when we went.

Edited by mjcatlvr

We have done suites three times. Only one time when the suite was actually in the Haven. We would only do a suite again if it was in the Haven. Otherwise it just feels like you are a visitor to it. We have a 21 night cruise coming up on the Bliss and we have  only put in a bid for a suite that is in the Haven. Just our opinion.

17 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

We were in a H7 on the Bliss in Late October.  It was cabin 10106.  I had wanted a suite in the Haven because of mobility issues but there was nothing available.  We booked the H7 and was very happy with it.  The separate bedroom made the suite feel much larger than the H-5.  While the walk is a bit longer than being in the Haven.  It was a relatively short walk to the elevators and after boarding the elevators, it's a short ride to Deck 17 and the entrance to the Haven.  About the only complaint with the H7 we had was that the balcony was very small.  It was small but comfortable.  I missed not being in the Haven but in the big scheme of things, it was not a big deal---not to mention the cost was less.  We organized and participated in a cabin crawl which included a Haven Penthouse suite.  We showed our cabin last and had several folks commenting that they liked our cabin better than the Haven Penthouse.

I don't know if this will work but I am going to try and attach some pictures of our Suite.

Bliss11.jpg

Bliss18.jpg

Bliss20.jpg

IMG_0948.JPG

IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

16 minutes ago, swmichigan cruiser said:

We have done suites three times. Only one time when the suite was actually in the Haven. We would only do a suite again if it was in the Haven. Otherwise it just feels like you are a visitor to it. We have a 21 night cruise coming up on the Bliss and we have  only put in a bid for a suite that is in the Haven. Just our opinion.

I agree with you that you feel somewhat like visitor if you don't stay in the Haven but the Perks are the same...

This was our H5 on the Bliss last February. We have another booked for our March cruise.

Plenty of space in the cabin and as others have said, Deck 17 has a bigger balcony. Location, location, location is my motto. If your going to pay Haven prices you might as well stay in the Haven complex. :)

If there was one thing that I would nit pick about this suite, it's the bathtub/shower which you will see in my video below. I would prefer a walk in shower rather than a bathtub with a shower head.

Other then that, the suite was fabulous! 

Been there done that.  Had forward penthouses on Getaway and Haven penthouses on Epic in the complex.  I really liked the bigger cabin in the forward penthouses but lesson learned:  LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.  Like many others the price is tempting on the forward penthouse i.e. more room and less money.  However for 2 people, I would definitely book the inside Haven penthouse.  I felt like an outsider in the Haven since its quite the walk to get there.  The whole point of spending money to be in the Haven is sort of lost on suites outside the Haven.  Now clearly if you have 3 passengers, the forward penthouse would make sense.  I vote Haven penthouse especially in Alaska.  You will be so close to the Horizon lounge and Haven sundeck. Just steps outside your cabin.

Another tiny detail to consider.  The beds in the forward penthouses have you laying the ship's width, not length.  Usually with the flow of the ocean and ship rocking is head to toe.  Its odd to lay on the bed and feel the motion side to side.  Not a deal breaker but it did impact my sleep some.  Almost all cabins have the beds the length of the ship so your body and mind are accustomed to one way.  It was a bit odd to lay against the motion of the ship.  But that's just my opinion.

Edited by david_sobe

I would take the H5 any day, even if it means sacrificing more space. I just had the H7 last week on the Bliss and although the room was stunning, I much prefer the Haven Courtyard suites. 

A tip for you; If you book the H5, book on 17 (as you mentioned above) as the balconies are double the size of those on 18. You can even ask for a lounge chair to be put out there. 

We were in an H5 on the Bliss to Alaska. I don’t think we would stay in a Haven Suite not in the Haven unless the deal were amazing. The proximity to an I crowded bar, the restaurant, the Horizon Lounge (breakfast items early, espresso machine, etc). I would feel like an outsider. It was also super convenient for Skagway where we came back for lunch between excursions, took a back elevator, dropped stuff in the room, then got lunch and were back on the elevator heading out in no time. If we had to go back to our room first, then make it up then back. It was so convenient.

I'll be the contrarian.  We prefer forward and aft Haven cabins rather than staying inside the Haven.  We use all of the Haven amenities, of course, but we also use the rest of the ship as well.  Plus we don't mind the walk (no elevator use is our goal) as it helps offset the calories. 

Stayed in H5 Haven Penthouse Suite on the Escape.  The suite was wonderful but smaller than expected plus I preferred stand alone showers.  Plan to cruise on the Bliss 4/5/2020 in a H7 Haven Forward Facing Suite...wanted to experience separate living/bedrooms. I also thought we would get more exercise walking back/forth to the Haven complex/restaurant.  I have an upgrade bid in for a 2 bedroom suite in the Haven complex but to date they appear to be sold out.  Only one H5 was listed at approximately $450/pp more than my 8/2019 price for a H7...now a H7 price would be even higher.  Funny I wouldn’t bid on the Haven Deluxe Owners Suite because it’s too large for 2 people plus the extra cost (also to date sold out).

I think in the future I might stick with suites in the Haven complex.  

We always prefer an H6 aft Haven suite.  Have no problem being back there.  Beautiful rooms and the layout of the bathrooms (2) on decks 11 and 14 are absolutely gorgeous.  Also aft cabins IMO are the quietest.  Spend a lot of time in the Haven and don't feel a stranger at all.  For an Alaskan cruise, what a view !!  Regards, Gerry.

Edited by buckeye rob