Best advice for first time solo cruiser

Following this thread, first solo cruise on April 24 (if it goes) and next solo on Sept 5th, even planning a solo TA in 2022.

Even when traveling with others I like my "alone time quite a bit" and as someone mentioned above I plan to bring a book for mealtimes and bars.

I also have not been able to make reservations for anytime dining on RCL-will not give me an option to book a time but it looks like it will for a specialty restaurant (I very badly want to try Wonderland just waiting until the cruise gets closer before I put down anymore money). 

12 hours ago, DCP said:

Thanks to all who posted here. My husband of 4 years died unexpectedly just before Thanksgiving. We loved to cruise, and this is the first I have been back on CC since his passing.  All of your posts give me hope that I will be able to cruise again solo and still be able to enjoy it. 

Hi again @DCP. Just saw your post here after posting with you on the other thread. Again, my condolences on the loss of your husband.

I'm in the same boat (errr...ship), in that I will be venturing into the solo cruising world for the first time also. I am confident that we are both going to continue to love cruising as solos!

10 hours ago, Prometheus1 said:

even planning a solo TA in 2022.

Me 2! Currently booked on Allure of the Seas, eastbound TA from Port Everglades, FL to Barcelona, Spain, April 24 - May 8, 2022.

Just my 2c, but as a solo I didn't really enjoy my speciality dining experience on the Queen Elizabeth. The food and service were, of course, faultless. There were though long gaps between courses, presumably because the food was being cooked to order, and if I'd had a dining companion these would have been welcome opportunities for conversation. As a solo, though, I felt somewhat self conscious, but would have felt equally uncomfortable reading a book at an upmarket restaurant table. But YMMV and if on a future cruise I found another solo who was up for sharing a table I'd do it.