Jump to content

Live From the Sky Princess B2B January 25 - February 8, 2020


Woobstr112G
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

😞

 

18 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Woobstr112G-

Bob,  same thing happened to my mom yesterday when in transit with her EFFY purchase. ( the medallion alert)Always her understanding that EFFY made in the USA and returning to the USA has no duty to pay ,so why is the medallion alerting customs ?my mom says she wasn’t happy with that at all. They “ customs” made her feel  like she did something wrong.And obviously it’s probably gonna happen again Saturday when y’all disembark.

 

Julie

I don't understand how the Medallion would have any effect on purchases you made ashore.  Guess I'm clueless.  This is the first time on Medallion--getting my feet wet-- for the Crown in June.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, gerena said:

 

I don't understand how the Medallion would have any effect on purchases you made ashore.  Guess I'm clueless.  This is the first time on Medallion--getting my feet wet-- for the Crown in June.

 

It wouldn't have any effect.  That would be on your honesty alone.  The alert comes from purchases made on the ship.  I have my card that says "US Goods Returning" so I shouldn't have any problems.  I also made a purchase in St. Marteen that I intend to declare.....

 

Bob

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dawniepoo said:

Hi Bob, did they change the time and day of this show? We board on 2/15 and it still shows that it is only being shown on embarkation evening at 8. I hope we have the same thing on our cruise, because late seating diners will miss it otherwise.

I have seen them alter the times slightly from time to time.  My guees (who knows if I'm right) is it had something to do with the super bowl.

 

***Note to all.  During today's Meet & Greet it was mentioned that the game will in fact be broadcast to individual cabins***

 

Bob

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Anubi said:

Bob, can you tell me which dining room was open for breakfast on the turnaround day or did you have to go to the buffet.  BTW - how are the martinis?  😉 

 

Hi Wanda.  We never do the dining room on turnaround day for breakfast so I do not know which dining room was open.  Sabitinis was open for breakfast for suite passengers though.  I'll dig up yesterday's patter and see if it mentions anything.  BTW, the martinis are just fine.....😊😊😊

 

Bob

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

It wouldn't have any effect.  That would be on your honesty alone.  The alert comes from purchases made on the ship.  I have my card that says "US Goods Returning" so I shouldn't have any problems.  I also made a purchase in St. Marteen that I intend to declare.....

 

Bob

Thanks.  Just showed my ignorance as I didn't know that shop was on this ship.  Thought you went dockside at one of the shops there.  My husband "escorts me right on by" those places!!!  LOL

Rena

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, gerena said:

 

I don't understand how the Medallion would have any effect on purchases you made ashore.  Guess I'm clueless.  This is the first time on Medallion--getting my feet wet-- for the Crown in June.

 

My mom bought EFFY on the ship. 

Hopefully no problems on Saturday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

I have yet to see the "Crab Shack" mentioned in the patters.  I was thinking of trying it this voyage.

 

During our 4 weeks on the Sky in November there wasn’t at Crab shack which had been replaced by Steamers on some evenings & if I recall correctly sometimes it was Planks.

 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Steamers-Seafood-Menu.pdf

 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Planks-BBQ-Menu.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good evening everyone from the Sky Princess.  It's half time for the game, so I'd thought I would check in.  Holli and I are enjoying watching the game in our cabin.  The only negative is because of the way they are showing it (FOX vis ESPN), we aren't able to watch the Super Bowl commercials.  In any case, it's been a good game so far.

 

Tomorrow in Grand Cayman, we have an early excursion (0730) for the dolphin & Sting Ray encounter.  I'm looking forward to it albeit that my ability to take pictures will be somewhat limited.

 

That's all for now as the third quarter is getting ready to start.

 

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

 

Bob

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

 

During our 4 weeks on the Sky in November there wasn’t at Crab shack which had been replaced by Steamers on some evenings & if I recall correctly sometimes it was Planks.

 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Steamers-Seafood-Menu.pdf

 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Planks-BBQ-Menu.pdf

Thanks for the info Frank.  I forgot about Planks & Steamers.....😊😊😊

 

Bob

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, gerena said:

 

I don't understand how the Medallion would have any effect on purchases you made ashore.  Guess I'm clueless.  This is the first time on Medallion--getting my feet wet-- for the Crown in June.

 

We had to show our medallions at the shops in port for all purchases we made.  Not just liquor.  They asked for our cabin number as well.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tere247 said:

We had to show our medallions at the shops in port for all purchases we made.  Not just liquor.  They asked for our cabin number as well.  

 

Could it be like airport duty free shops where you need to show a boarding pass to prove that your taking an international flight?

Edited by Astro Flyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

 

Could it like airport duty free shops where you need to show a boarding pass to prove that your taking an international flight?

 

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

 

Could it like airport duty free shops where you need to show a boarding pass to prove that your taking an international flight?

 

5 minutes ago, tere247 said:

We had to show our medallions at the shops in port for all purchases we made.  Not just liquor.  They asked for our cabin number as well.  

Wow.  Interesting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Good evening everyone from the Sky Princess.  It's half time for the game, so I'd thought I would check in.  Holli and I are enjoying watching the game in our cabin.  The only negative is because of the way they are showing it (FOX vis ESPN), we aren't able to watch the Super Bowl commercials.  In any case, it's been a good game so far.

 

Tomorrow in Grand Cayman, we have an early excursion (0730) for the dolphin & Sting Ray encounter.  I'm looking forward to it albeit that my ability to take pictures will be somewhat limited.

 

That's all for now as the third quarter is getting ready to start.

 

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

 

Bob

 

We have been on several cruises during Super Bowl.  We have never been able to see commercials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

 

Could it be like airport duty free shops where you need to show a boarding pass to prove that your taking an international flight?

Not in duty free.  Cariloha shop in St Lucia. Hat and drink coaster set in another shop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GC.thumb.jpg.f18fdfd0519464efb727a5144783c442.jpg

 

Good morning (0734 local time) from the Sky Princess.  We are tendered off of our first port stop of Grand Cayman.  The temps are nice at the moment and the humidity is not that bad.  I can't say what the rest of the day brings us.  Holli is a little under weather today so she is going to rest up while I plan to get off the ship and walk around a bit while taking some pictures.  Today is an early departure as the last tender to the ship is at 1500.

 

That's all for now.  I'll check back in when I get back onboard.

 

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

 

Bob

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

GC.thumb.jpg.f18fdfd0519464efb727a5144783c442.jpg

 

Good morning (0734 local time) from the Sky Princess.  We are tendered off of our first port stop of Grand Cayman.  The temps are nice at the moment and the humidity is not that bad.  I can't say what the rest of the day brings us.  Holli is a little under weather today so she is going to rest up while I plan to get off the ship and walk around a bit while taking some pictures.  Today is an early departure as the last tender to the ship is at 1500.

 

That's all for now.  I'll check back in when I get back onboard.

 

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

 

Bob

Hope Holli feels better! Good day to chill! My last cruise had some issues with staying on my feet Was so embrrased! Inner ear infection one ! Hubby went off the ship which I wanted him too ! Hope you enjoy the day! I could spend days on the ship ...him not so much!

 

 

Edited by Reader0108598
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

GC.thumb.jpg.f18fdfd0519464efb727a5144783c442.jpg

 

Good morning (0734 local time) from the Sky Princess.  We are tendered off of our first port stop of Grand Cayman.  The temps are nice at the moment and the humidity is not that bad.  I can't say what the rest of the day brings us.  Holli is a little under weather today so she is going to rest up while I plan to get off the ship and walk around a bit while taking some pictures.  Today is an early departure as the last tender to the ship is at 1500.

 

That's all for now.  I'll check back in when I get back onboard.

 

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

 

Bob

Did you still have to pay for the excursion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question for arrival in Roatan tomorrow.

 

Would you please give me information as to your time of arrival in Roatan.  I have an independent excursion, ages ago,  for February 18 that starts at 9:30 am LOCAL time or 10:30 am  SHIP time.  It has been my experience that we go by local time while in port(those little cards they put on our beds at night!!).  But 10:00 arrival is listed on the itinerary.  Called Princess and they said 10:00 local time--if so I need to reschedule my cruise. Called the Shore Excursion company and they said it would be 9:30 local time.  

 

So I would like some information from you on the Sky Princess.  What time is it docking in Roatan---  10:00 local or ship?

How long does it take to get from the ship, through the shopping (no stops!), center and up the hill to where the independent tours leave from.  ("Past the 2 story red roof building--to the street--left up the hillhrt ought the security gates---and then another 100 yards to the taxi's and tour signs.  Allow a minimum of 15 minutes to make this walk.")

  

If the ship docks at 10, can the hoards of people get off and we make it in 30 minutes?  Do they let Elite and ships tours off first---we are Platinum?

 

Bob, maybe you are still hobbling from your fall and your speed would be comparable to ours!!!  Although we're not bad!!!

 

We can book a 12:00 and 1:30 tour if that might be safer--right now they have vacancies, I think.  

 

Thanks.

Rena

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...