Jump to content

Paradise Beach


Luvcruisin76
 Share

Recommended Posts

We are also contemplating the PAYGO option for Paradise Beach, but has anyone ever had it "sell out" for the day? That is my only concern with not booking the AI option in advance. There appear to be 8 ships in port that day and I'm afraid if we just show up without a reservation, that it may be booked. I've heard of other resorts selling out...anyone know if this is a concern for PB?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Cruisin_Cheesehead said:

We are also contemplating the PAYGO option for Paradise Beach, but has anyone ever had it "sell out" for the day? That is my only concern with not booking the AI option in advance. There appear to be 8 ships in port that day and I'm afraid if we just show up without a reservation, that it may be booked. I've heard of other resorts selling out...anyone know if this is a concern for PB?


Difficult to say as Paradise Beach hasn't been doing  AI long enough to have a track record. 
 

There were problems in the past at Sanchos during Spring Break and similar, which is what probably led to them closing down PAYG side for certain popular dates. I have only been to Paradise (not Sanchos) but I understand Sanchos is smaller.
 

Paradise, like all the popular tourist bars, will certainly be busy with 8 ships, which is why we would head to the east side, but I have never heard of it “selling out”. 
 

Easy enough to hop in a taxi to the next place if necessary and get driver to stay with you until you find room, possibly Uvas, Palancar. Lots of options but it depends what you are looking for - any specific activities?

Edited by c-leg5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Cruisin_Cheesehead said:

We are also contemplating the PAYGO option for Paradise Beach, but has anyone ever had it "sell out" for the day? That is my only concern with not booking the AI option in advance. There appear to be 8 ships in port that day and I'm afraid if we just show up without a reservation, that it may be booked. I've heard of other resorts selling out...anyone know if this is a concern for PB?

I've never seen any reports on this board about PB "selling out" and turning away customers.  We were there last Feb with 6 other ships and there were lots of unoccupied loungers (beach and pool areas) and even more stacked up and ready to be deployed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the great feedback C-Leg and John. We will be traveling with our 7 and 9 y/o so mainly looking for water activities and a beach for them to enjoy and good food for hubby and I. The way I see it, we'll pay around $100 out the gate for PAYGO with entrance fee, activities, and food/bev minimum. The AI comes to $230 for our family. Trying to decide if we'll eat/drink the extra $130 difference, or if that $130 is even worth just the peace of mind of knowing we have a spot secured so we don't feel pressure to rush off the ship at 8am (our family is not early risers so the thought of taking our time in the morning is definitely appealing). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cruisin_Cheesehead said:

Thanks for the great feedback C-Leg and John. We will be traveling with our 7 and 9 y/o so mainly looking for water activities and a beach for them to enjoy and good food for hubby and I. The way I see it, we'll pay around $100 out the gate for PAYGO with entrance fee, activities, and food/bev minimum. The AI comes to $230 for our family. Trying to decide if we'll eat/drink the extra $130 difference, or if that $130 is even worth just the peace of mind of knowing we have a spot secured so we don't feel pressure to rush off the ship at 8am (our family is not early risers so the thought of taking our time in the morning is definitely appealing). 

It's been a while since I've had any that young, but it's tough to justify  that extra $130.  That's an awful lot of drinks, nachos, tacos, etc.  On the other hand not having to worry about the bill going up every time the kids want something (and you want another margarita) and a guaranteed spot offers peace of mind that's worth something.

 

Your call!  Have a great cruise! 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were there last year for the second time. They offered us AI but we declined, 3 beans pp to get in, service food and drink is excellent.  The beach is clean and offer a water "play ground" They also have a pretty big pool with lots of loungers around with no chair hogs 😉. We will be stopping in Cozumel on our March cruise, and most likely spend at least half the day there!

 

 

 

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are going to try to use PAYG option as well for our cruise in Feb.  7 ships in port that day.

 

So, I am prepared, if Paradise is full, what is the other options that are nearby.  Are other resorts that have similar PAYG with water activities for kids nearby.  Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, cdoobiest said:

We are going to try to use PAYG option as well for our cruise in Feb.  7 ships in port that day.

 

So, I am prepared, if Paradise is full, what is the other options that are nearby.  Are other resorts that have similar PAYG with water activities for kids nearby.  Thanks

Have never been but Carlos & Charlies is nearby and you can see Mr. Sanchos down the shoreline from PB.

 

I have never seen a report on this board of PB being "full" and turning away customers.  I would get up early, get off early, and arrive there as early as possible for your best choice of chairs by either the beach or HUGE pool.

 

Edited by JohninDC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, cdoobiest said:

We are going to try to use PAYG option as well for our cruise in Feb.  7 ships in port that day.

 

So, I am prepared, if Paradise is full, what is the other options that are nearby.  Are other resorts that have similar PAYG with water activities for kids nearby.  Thanks

I've never seen it that full that they turn people away. And we were there around March break. I'm sure you will be fine, Have fun!

 

 

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I just returned from Paradise Beach and the cab ride was $15 for 3 people. Entrance Fee was still $3 and was not over crowded and there were 6 ships docked and we were the last to arrive at 10am. In my opinion Paradise Beach is a great alternative to Sanchos, much calmer atmosphere, pool is still very nice water toys and the food and drinks are very reasonable. 3 of us shared 3 buckets of beer 4 smoothies a huge plate of loaded nachos and it ended up costing about $80 total with tip.

 

Also Jet Ski rentals were very reasonable, got 2 jet skis for $45 minutes for $60 each

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wolft927 said:

So I just returned from Paradise Beach and the cab ride was $15 for 3 people. Entrance Fee was still $3 and was not over crowded and there were 6 ships docked and we were the last to arrive at 10am. In my opinion Paradise Beach is a great alternative to Sanchos, much calmer atmosphere, pool is still very nice water toys and the food and drinks are very reasonable. 3 of us shared 3 buckets of beer 4 smoothies a huge plate of loaded nachos and it ended up costing about $80 total with tip.

 

Also Jet Ski rentals were very reasonable, got 2 jet skis for $45 minutes for $60 each

Thanks for the detailed feedback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...