Just off Explorer 9 night cruise my quick review

I just returned home after an amazing 9 night cruise on Explorer. I was extremely concerned as I read reviews just prior to my sailing on Jan 10th but I must say this cruise, ship and staged were outstanding..

First embarkment was a disaster but I found out from the loyalty ambassador on the cruise that the delay was due to a couple not leaving the ship when they were supposed to 😔. I arrived at the port around 10:15 or so. Check in was a breeze and I really liked it however the wait to board was horrible .we were told that boarding would start no later than 11:15 or so we’ll it didn’t start until after noon and there was no direction from Royal people just started walking out the waiting room in no order. Very disappointing.

the cruise on the whole was amazing ! Cabin Attendant Oswald huge shout out to him he was amazing and efficient and always had our room cleaned and was helpful with everything .  Our head Waiter, waiter Nevil and assistant  waiter Adrian was outstanding with the service they provided. The food I thought was great both in the MDR and Winjammer  I am not a foodie and thought it was good maybe there might have been  a meal that wasn’t that great but that was it. I didn’t do any speciality Dinning. 

I attended most of the shows and enjoyed them also I did go frequently to Dizzy’s the nightclub and my husband and I love to dance even though we are in our fifties.😀

Did self Disembarkment  as my flight was at 11:30am out of Fort Lauderdale . It was OK waited a little in the line but customs was a breeze.

The ship rocked a lot as it was windy. Very very rough seas all the way from Labadee to Aruba . All the ports were amazing !!!

Overall the cruise was fantastic enjoyed every moment can’t wait for the next one!

43 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Thanks for the report.

So there was decent nightlife up in Dizzy's every evening?  The lack of activity up there seems to be a common report.

For me it was decent not a ton of people but enough and everyone enjoyed themselves for a time. I didn’t stay any night past 1 am for the most I was gone by 12:30am or so. 

11 minutes ago, berbician said:

For me it was decent not a ton of people but enough and everyone enjoyed themselves for a time. I didn’t stay any night past 1 am for the most I was gone by 12:30am or so. 

Thanks, I know that some folks will be ahppy to hear that.

22 minutes ago, Heatherco said:

So glad you had a wonderful cruise!  We will be on the .feb.7 sailing and are very excited.  Did you happen to notice if they offered drink cards later in the week and do you know what prices are for Bingo?

Welcome home!

Yes the 10 drink card was offered I believe on day 6 or so at a price for $75 plus the 18% gratuity . I don’t know what the price for Bingo was but did see it on the cruise compass. 

59 minutes ago, retired dude said:

could you tell us if the following entertainers are still onboard.....singer finis henderson, band midnight , band from detroit horizons-motown band.,,and who were the comics and the magician???thanks much for your help, we said this friday.

Sorry I am not sure of the singers .

The band you mentioned does not sound familiar . The comedian was Jackson Perdue and he was good but very x-rated. The magician was Farrell Dillon he was just OK in my view 

2 hours ago, retired dude said:

could you tell us if the following entertainers are still onboard.....singer finis henderson, band midnight , band from detroit horizons-motown band.,,and who were the comics and the magician???thanks much for your help, we said this friday.

I don't recall the entertainers highlighted above.