Anyone bring floats for beach days?

I just ordered two Aqua Pool Hammock floats from Amazon for our upcoming cruise.  We have a couple long port days and we plan on hitting up the beaches and just relaxing.  I was wondering if anyone else brings floats?  I was originally going to bring a couple inflatable tubes and just leave them at the end of the day, but these get good reviews and I figure I would try them.

Not too worried about lugging them since they fold up. One day is Labadee and other days we will have a rental car so don’t really have to lug them around.

20 hours ago, Heatherco said:

I just ordered two Aqua Pool Hammock floats from Amazon for our upcoming cruise.  We have a couple long port days and we plan on hitting up the beaches and just relaxing.  I was wondering if anyone else brings floats?  I was originally going to bring a couple inflatable tubes and just leave them at the end of the day, but these get good reviews and I figure I would try them.

Not too worried about lugging them since they fold up. One day is Labadee and other days we will have a rental car so don’t really have to lug them around.

yes, I own the same type.  They are great!

On 1/20/2020 at 3:24 PM, Heatherco said:

This can vary, depending on the cruise line.  Some do not allow pool/beach floats onboard (even if you PROMISE you won't use them on the ship).  

Of course, people do bring such things, and abandon them once done in a foreign port, basically leaving trash for someone else to deal with.

I had looked at these but i'm concerned about using them in the ocean. They seem great for relaxing, but wave action could pull you out further than you can swim back like those swan things. Although i can see using in pools (and ship pools don't permit them) I am apprehensive of using in the ocean.

To anyone who has used them - are my fears justified? Have you been pulled out further than comfortable?

4 hours ago, herbanrenewal said:

I had looked at these but i'm concerned about using them in the ocean. They seem great for relaxing, but wave action could pull you out further than you can swim back like those swan things. Although i can see using in pools (and ship pools don't permit them) I am apprehensive of using in the ocean.

To anyone who has used them - are my fears justified? Have you been pulled out further than comfortable?

Unless you pass out and fall asleep, Idon’t think it’s a problem.  We float in the ocean all the time and have never had a problem.  You do, of course, have to be aware, however.

The ones I ordered from Amazon came and look like they will be great.  Nice and packable!

Edited by Heatherco