Hollywood Beach Hotel

snowmen

We've been to Hollywood Beach many times and have always stayed at the Marriott except once about 30 years ago on spring break in college we stayed at the Tide Vacation Apartments. The Marriott and Margaritaville are the only two that could be considered "resort" hotels and the HB Marriott is a converted Howard Johnson, so they do the best they can with what they've got, but the pool is small and services limited, ie: one restaurant, small pool without poolside bar/restaurant (they will bring food from restaurant), shops, etc. However, we enjoy it because it's compact, right on the beach, the restaurant is on the broadwalk and it's comfortable. Cheap it is not, depending on when you go. I think it's overpriced for a Marriott of this nature, but it's what the market will bear. We are going in mid March and it's $350 + $20 resort fee. Margaritaville is usually $50-75 more.  I would love to stay there, but that adds up quickly.

If we didn't stay there, I'd look at the Riptide as pp mentioned, The Tide vacation rentals, and the Sheldon (no pool). They are all on broadwalk facing the beach and seem clean. I can't say that for all hotels there. HB has quite a few dumpy little hotel. Some of those little hotels are great, but I'd check review and look at pictures online. You'll see whether anyone has posted mattresses with bed bug pictures or dirty bathrooms.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:43 PM, travelhound said:

The Diplomat is definitely an awesome hotel, but nowhere near op's $200 budget. :)

I looked and found it for $204 a night over July 4th weekend.  It is cheaper than that the week after.

This far out and last minute you can usually get a decent deal.  Our hotels book a lot of South Americans in the summer months but July 4th is no big deal to them.

Edited by BlueHerons

7 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

I looked and found it for $204 a night over July 4th weekend.  It is cheaper than that the week after.

This far out and last minute you can usually get a decent deal.  Our hotels book a lot of South Americans in the summer months but July 4th is no big deal to them.

Hollywod Beach is packed for July 4th and a lot of fun. I have a family member who books a hotel on the Broadwalk every year for July 4th.  I'm surprised at the low rates, but assume it's mostly locals that head to the beach for the fun.

I missed that it was the 4th of July time period. I was thinking of Feb or March. Everything is cheaper in FL in the summer compared to spring break. But, if you really want the broadwalk, which is pretty cool, the Diplomat is not on it.

Both the Marriot and Margaritaville are around $250 at that time.