Cruise Critic Community

Is there something big happening in Miami around that time. I am just starting to look at hotels in the downtown area, and the ones I have looked at are already sold out. The site where I usually book through doesn't even have that date up yet....Just wondering if I am going to have to book something near the airport ...There are going to be 20 of us...so will need multiple rooms

You are likely too early - many hotels will not release their Jan 2021 availability until Feb or March.

The site I normally look at doesn't have that date...but a couple of others do...and they are saying sold out...so I went to the hotel directly, and same...sold out...Just didn't know if there was a big event in town...or what because I normally don't book this early, and get a nice hotel right in downtown...

I am also looking for the same date and running into the same issue, hoping that I am just looking too early! 

19 minutes ago, stefyo said:

I am also looking for the same date and running into the same issue, hoping that I am just looking too early! 

Me too....Good luck!

Those dates are sold out because the NCAA Football National Championship game is in Miami on Jan 11, 2021.

Well....Thats not okay....They need to move that so I can get a room!!!   Haha!

Look farther away from Miami - try Fort Lauderdale, West Palm, etc.  We have even flown into Orlando and used a rental car to get to Miami for a cruise  when flights to Miami and FLL were outrageous.

19 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Those dates are sold out because the NCAA Football National Championship game is in Miami on Jan 11, 2021.

Well thats going to make things a little complicated! Thank you for letting us know 🙂