Cruise Critic Community

Going on a cruise with 2 teenage grandkids & we have an inside room with 2 pull down  Pullmans. Any suggestions on which would be better King or 2 twin beds arraignment,. Thanks

We've always had the beds together but it does make it interesting for the inside person to get into bed. You could always start with them one way and then once you've seen it in person you could ask the steward to make them up the other way.

Do you mean should you give the kids the 2 pulldowns and have a king for yourself? It's up to you, but if the twin bed arrangement doesn't bother you too much I'd let one of the kids have the other twin so you only need to use one pulldown.

If it were me, I'd probably do what Earthworm Jim suggested. Let one of them have the other twin and only utilize one Pullman. Put one teen above the other. They could even switch out if they wanted to be fair about it.

When it's configured as a King, the Pullman won't be directly above the King, but will be above part of it and completely cover the walking space beside the King. So if you use the King, both Pullmans will be above either side of it, which sometimes results in bumped heads. If you let one of them use a twin and only use one Pullman, the other twin will be in the clear. You also might like that additional space between the two twins.

I forgot to mention my wife is also in the room 4 of us.  Just wanted to know what would be best,  We have always had the King arrangement,  Thanks for quick response,

We've done this multiple times and, only once, with the King and two pullmans.  That plan makes for difficult foot traffic within the room.

We much prefer the four single beds (akin to two sets of bunks).  This leaves the most space for moving around, getting ready, storing/accessing suitcases under beds, use of nightstand storage, etc.  Just requested it earlier this month and it worked great again (once the cabins steward re-made the room as we had requested on our booking)!

As long it is not a balcony cabin, we always go for the twin arrangement.  We move the twins against the walls in an L shape to create the most open space possible.  It makes the cabin seem bigger.