Earliest embarkation time in Miami

pepper

I am looking to rent a car and wanted to know what time to drop it off and get onto the ship, for Armonia  out of Miami.  Can anyone advise what the earliest time we can get onboard please?  We sail in March. 

Thanks in advance!

We often rent a vehicle, drop it at MIA, then Uber to Port. Last Monday we arrived at Port at 11:30 and walked right on. As Armonia is not such a huge ship it seems to turn over fairly quickly. Although Cabin was not ready until 1:45ish. 

1 hour ago, Cruising_Gals said:

Does Seaside also embark early does anyone know?  They say 1pm but I would like to board ASAP.  I have Aurea I know they get a shorter line, do they embark earlier, too?

Actual embarkation onto the ship usually starts just before noon.  If you get to the port much before 10am you chance getting stuck outside before they open the security check points.  Once past security Aurea has a priority check in lane.  It usually feeds into the same check in agents as non-priority so is basically just a shorter line.  Aurea also should get a priority boarding pass rather than a boarding number, unfortunately some agents don't understand this.  If you arrive at check in later, after boarding numbers are already being called, you will probably not get a priority pass because they have already gathered the priority people and taken them onto the ship.  Priority boards after back-to-back and Yacht Club, usually about the same time they are gathering special needs people.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:12 AM, dexddd said:

Where you dropping car?

I was thinking of renting Budget from MIA and dropping it at a drop off location near port , 89SE 2ND ST.  Hopefully they have a shuttle from there to port, or I guess we cab it.  But it seemed easier to rent a car for the day to get around rather than cabbing or ubering.

Bud89 Se 2nd Street,

Miami, FL, 33131, US

We did return a rented vehicle to the Budget rental downtown Miami once. They do have a shuttle to the cruise port. However after we dropped the vehicle there was a huge number of people with all their luggage waiting for the shuttle. A couple cabs pulled up in front of the rental office and we ended up hopping into one of them. Think cost was about $15. Maybe we just timed the shuttle badly but for us the cab ride with only the two of us and our luggage was worth it. But if you are renting from MIA the cost might be considerably less to drop it at MIA also and then Uber to port which is about $20. The upper level of the Car Rental Building at MIA has a walkout where you can catch an Uber or a Cab. After you drop your vehicle at MIA you do not need to go back to the airport proper. Hope I am being clear.