Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Depends totally on your cabin category. Some categories have never gotten slippers. 

Oh goodness.  I didn’t realize that Ruth.  I thought all cabins did.  I’m sorry.  

Edited by canadianbear
Spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Oh goodness.  I didn’t realize that Ruth.  I thought all cabins did.  I’m sorry.  

I think I got slippers when I had a Vista Suite on the Prinsendam. But I have never gotten them in my customary inside cabins, or the rare outside cabin I have booked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RuthC said:

I think I got slippers when I had a Vista Suite on the Prinsendam. But I have never gotten them in my customary inside cabins, or the rare outside cabin I have booked. 

Me either Ruth.  I had a suite on the Zuiderdam several years ago but I cannot remember getting slippers...

Link to post
Share on other sites

The HAL site lists slippers under the suite amenities.

 

So, if you are in a verandah that is a Vista Suite (on the smaller ships and Pinnacle Class), Signature Suite, Neptune Suite or Pinnacle Suite, you should have slippers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kazu said:

The HAL site lists slippers under the suite amenities.

 

So, if you are in a verandah that is a Vista Suite (on the smaller ships and Pinnacle Class), Signature Suite, Neptune Suite or Pinnacle Suite, you should have slippers.

This has been our experience as well, except that sometimes we had to ask for them.  If we do not use them, we bring them home with us and donate to a local group home - they really appreciate them.

Edited by DaveOKC
Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny thing: we've booked a suite only one time, and that was a Vista suite on the Kdam. I have no recollection of getting or not getting slippers, ever. Just doesn't register in my memory banks. 

 

But I suspect the grapes are sour anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

Funny thing: we've booked a suite only one time, and that was a Vista suite on the Kdam. I have no recollection of getting or not getting slippers, ever. Just doesn't register in my memory banks. 

 

But I suspect the grapes are sour anyway.

 

You didn't miss anything. I wear a 5 1/2 and felt like Bozo the clown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

 

You didn't miss anything. I wear a 5 1/2 and felt like Bozo the clown.

 

Bozo T. Clown was one of the great figures of my childhood.

 

I just took a look at your signature stamp. I envy you your upcoming looooooong B2B2B on the Oosterdam. I promise that DW & I will get it nicely warmed up for you when we do the Panama Canal transit in February.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

 

You didn't miss anything. I wear a 5 1/2 and felt like Bozo the clown.

No kidding.  I wear a 7 1/2 and they were way too big.  They probably would have fit DH, but he doesn't wear slippers. Or robes.  But that's another subject.  🤣

I bring my own anyway, for pre- and post-cruise hotels.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess there is no rhyme or reason to the slippers, we have cruised in standard verandah cabins and gotten slippers, verandah suite we have gotten slippers and then not gotten them.  DH likes the slippers so if they are not present in cabin DH kindly asks and receives his slippers.  

I bring mine home in the wrapper and donate them to our local women's shelter.  Cruising in a few weeks on the K'dam in verandah suite, DH will be looking I'm sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...