Recommendations for Sunset Sail and Ayo Tour Providers

dreadpirate3

Hello, While we have been long time cruisers, this is our first time at Aruba. I would love some pointers and personal experience on the Sunset sailings available, and best way to go to Ayo Rock Formations without taking a tour bus that goes to the Aloe plantation and other things we aren't interested in.

Can anyone recommend the Natural Bridge, Natural Pool, or the Caves?

Thank you so much! 

8 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Hello, While we have been long time cruisers, this is our first time at Aruba. I would love some pointers and personal experience on the Sunset sailings available, and best way to go to Ayo Rock Formations without taking a tour bus that goes to the Aloe plantation and other things we aren't interested in.

Can anyone recommend the Natural Bridge, Natural Pool, or the Caves?

Thank you so much! 

I wouldn't recommend the caves as i saw a gigantic 6 inch centipede crawling after a roach near my foot yesterday. Unless you are already in the park.

We rented a dune buggy from HS rental yesterday and spent most of day at Ariwak park. It does close at 4 so I'm not sure that would work with sunset? 

The pool is a royal uncomfortable pain in the behind to drive to and was closed yesterday. They do tell you when you buy your ticket. We should have just not spent all that time driving for a few selfies. You can't even go down to it.

The landscape and views all over park are magnificent. The regular road out to caves is pretty easy driving and we kept getting out for the views.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I wouldn't recommend the caves as i saw a gigantic 6 inch centipede crawling after a roach near my foot yesterday. Unless you are already in the park.

We rented a dune buggy from HS rental yesterday and spent most of day at Ariwak park. It does close at 4 so I'm not sure that would work with sunset? 

The pool is a royal uncomfortable pain in the behind to drive to and was closed yesterday. They do tell you when you buy your ticket. We should have just not spent all that time driving for a few selfies. You can't even go down to it.

The landscape and views all over park are magnificent. The regular road out to caves is pretty easy driving and we kept getting out for the views.

Okay! Thanks for your point of view. We arrive at 5 PM on Sunday, November 8th, then are in port until 6 PM on Monday, November 9th. I thought a half day or so on the second day and a sunset sail on the first evening would be a good balance. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 9:02 AM, Hatteras51 said:

There are a lot of good sunset tours. Many include snorkeling but that's optional.  The best is Black Pearl and they book months in advance.  Others include Depalm, Red Sail, Octopus, Tranquilo, Midushi, and Jolly Pirates.

Thanks for the recommendation of Black Pearl.  Just booked it for 
this May!

• Haha 1