Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
littysmom

Boarding time for Platinum/Diamond guests in Miami.

Recommended Posts

Can anyone tell me what time we can board. The earliest option given when completing online check in is starting at 1pm.  We've never boarded that late in the past. We are meeting our kids there,  and want to board together,  as we are flying down the day before,  and they are flying the day of.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For both the Vista & Horizon, they opened the doors about 10:00 AM. Boarding began about 11:15.

Have a great cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, littysmom said:

Can anyone tell me what time we can board. The earliest option given when completing online check in is starting at 1pm.  We've never boarded that late in the past. We are meeting our kids there,  and want to board together,  as we are flying down the day before,  and they are flying the day of.

Thanks!

That is your arrival appointment, not your boarding time.  If you are early/late you may be sent to the Early/Late Arrival time line

Boarding begins when boarding begins.  It can be 11:15 am or 12:30 pm or any time in between. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that's what's confusing.  We're Platinum and have priority early boarding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, littysmom said:

Yes, that's what's confusing.  We're Platinum and have priority early boarding. 

Are your kids Platinum also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're in the same cabin,  so they board with me. My daughter's boarding pass says Platinum since she's in my cabin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Platinum, Diamond and Faster to Fun should not have a "check-in" time. They can arrive at the first available time at port, which seems to be about 10 or 10:30am. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, littysmom said:

Can anyone tell me what time we can board. The earliest option given when completing online check in is starting at 1pm.  We've never boarded that late in the past. We are meeting our kids there,  and want to board together,  as we are flying down the day before,  and they are flying the day of.

Thanks!

As Plat/diamond, you can be one of the first to board!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, littysmom said:

We're in the same cabin,  so they board with me. My daughter's boarding pass says Platinum since she's in my cabin.

 

18 minutes ago, brooklynfc said:

Platinum, Diamond and Faster to Fun should not have a "check-in" time. They can arrive at the first available time at port, which seems to be about 10 or 10:30am. 

Carnival still requires Plats/Diamonds to select a arrival appointment but it can be disregarded.  And yes, with the Priority noted  they can arrive as they want 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have cruised out of Miami multiple times over the past few years on both Victory and Horizon. They have started the boarding process at 11 AM (+/- 15 minutes) for every cruise. Seems like we get lucky every time we cruise out of Miami with boarding always starting around the same time. We have had boarding delays several times when cruising out of Canaveral and Tampa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prepared to be disappointed that there is no lounge or perk for being Platinum in Miami. You have your own personal Coke machine to feed dollars into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on the January 5th Horizon cruise out of Miami.  We are platinum and were on board at 10:45!  I couldn't believe how smoothly the process went.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...