Ovation Alaska Suite Questions

thebooth

I will be staying in a sky level suite for my upcoming Alaska cruise this summer on Ovation and was wondering if there are any perks that allow for priority times on ifly/northstar/bumper cars, as I keep reading that these are hard to get into (lines fill up fast). Additionally, is there priority with getting off at the ports of call when you stay in a sky level suite? If there is any other helpful information anyone has on staying in a sky level suite for Alaska, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

59 minutes ago, thebooth said:

if there are any perks that allow for priority times on ifly/northstar/bumper cars,

No, those only come with Star class and even then you may not want to endure the death stares from the folks who have been in line a long time as you cut in front of them.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Thanks for asking too about Northstar etc, i was curious too since we will be going in Sept

I thought they might fall into the sky class because of the perk of "Exclusive Signature Activities", I wonder what that is if not some time set aside for these types of activities. 

Have you sailed in a suite before on Royal? Im assuming (yes I know what assumptions are) that the exclusive event is a meet and great with officers for suite guests. Typically drinks and snacks provided 

Edited by Tulsacoker

Ask the concierge to book you on the iFly when they contact you or a soon as you get on 

IFly is the hardest to get on . I saw a punch up once.

The others shouldn’t be a problem but ask the concierge.They should be able to make a call for you.

Enjoy the suite,they are very addictive.

We have endured the hate stares when we go to the front of the line and I can only say that if those people want the front of the line they can pay for the suite.  It is included in the cost.  We pay for that privilege and we take advantage of it.  We will be on Ovation in Sept. to Alaska and will be happy to go to the front of the line, for which ever activity we will be doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

We have endured the hate stares when we go to the front of the line and I can only say that if those people want the front of the line they can pay for the suite.  It is included in the cost.  We pay for that privilege and we take advantage of it.  We will be on Ovation in Sept. to Alaska and will be happy to go to the front of the line, for which ever activity we will be doing.

We did Customs 'on ship' on Anthem going into Boston one sailing......Genie asked us when we wanted to go, then came and got and walked us past 3000 lined up people.  I thought we were going to get lynched 😉

Edited by dodgestang

18 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Ask the concierge to book you on the iFly when they contact you or a soon as you get on 

IFly is the hardest to get on . I saw a punch up once.

The others shouldn’t be a problem but ask the concierge.They should be able to make a call for you.

Enjoy the suite,they are very addictive.

This. We had a suite on Ovation in Alaska. The week prior to sailing the concierge will contact you. That’s the ideal time to ask for reservations for iFly and NorthStar. iFly was fully booked on the first day and NorthStar was unavailable for 3 days during our cruise, so many frustrated passengers. 

And yes, the suite is addictive.

9 minutes ago, El Abuelo said:

This. We had a suite on Ovation in Alaska. The week prior to sailing the concierge will contact you. That’s the ideal time to ask for reservations for iFly and NorthStar. iFly was fully booked on the first day and NorthStar was unavailable for 3 days during our cruise, so many frustrated passengers. 

So which time/day did you ask for?

5 hours ago, El Abuelo said:

And yes, the suite is addictive.

On RC website it states one of the things for the concierge is to make such bookings.

we are on Ovation in 3 weeks we have a suite but all our friends who usually have grand suites have standard cabins and they are not happy. Withdrawal symptoms.

I think I’ll be down a few friends.

On 1/24/2020 at 9:43 AM, Tulsacoker said:

So which time/day did you ask for?

They didn’t give us the option of reserving a specific time. I asked for an early morning on the day we visited Dawes Glacier but didn’t get it. Both reservations were for sea days.

• Thanks 1