Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
Chippytoes

Classic to Premium drink upgrade

Hi all-

Booked on APEX for November, have classic drink pkg as a perk and know I can upgrade to Premium and from what I've found on these boards it's $12/day pp ($10 + 20% grats), but I found the below screen shot on the Celebrity Cafe just today. According this it's $14 plus the 20% gratuities...am I missing something? Plus there is no where I can find to upgrade on my Pre-Cruise Planner 😕

1689319012_ScreenShot2020-01-23at4_09_48PM.thumb.png.b962eebac1eec80c713a183f90cf7251.png

Hello Chippy. I just upgraded for our 8 day cruise. The total price was $96. 

heimey

I had to call to get it done. Our perks weren’t showing up on our planner yet. She said she could see we had them but they weren’t posted yet. She brought them forward so they show up and did the upgrade. 

heimey

Thank you Heimey...I'll give a call! Guess I shouldn't be surprised there is mis-information out there...on Celebrity's side 😆

The price you are seeing is the $69 per day with the 20% gratuity added.  

The price must be show. That way on cruises from places,  Southampton and Australia maybe others.

Edited by jelayne

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

The price you are seeing is the $69 per day with the 20% gratuity added.  

Yep..but look at the 7th line down where it's referring to the upgrading the package. 

Embark,  check out a few bars, find a nice bartender at one you like, upgrade through him/her...they get a portion...they will not forget it the rest of the cruise..

Edited by PTC DAWG

Upgraded this week and it was $12 w/gratuity.  There was a time when the Premium package was $14 more than Classic but that was quite awhile ago.

The other option is to try out the classic package for a couple of days. My wife and I came into our first Celeb cruise expecting to upgrade and never ended up doing it. We found that everything we wanted was either included or a similar replacement was available. The few times we really wanted something that wasnt included we spent the few bucks and bought it anyways. It was way cheaper for us to do that.

I forgot to add in my previous post that the upgrade option wont show up on the site until after final payment. At least it didnt for us.

If you have the Classic Package included (and, if I’m reading it correctly, drinks up to $9 are included) can you order a cocktail priced at $12 and just pay the $3 price difference?

17 minutes ago, Jimmys Chippy said:

If you have the Classic Package included (and, if I’m reading it correctly, drinks up to $9 are included) can you order a cocktail priced at $12 and just pay the $3 price difference?

yes you can pay the $3 plus 20% gratuity.

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

yes you can pay the $3 plus 20% gratuity.

Is the Premium beverage package that much better than Classic?  Apart from San Pellegrino I dont find the wine selection that great. In fact some of the red cabs I like are $17 per glass and up. May have a martini but mostly a wine lover.  It's already included as one of my perks. 

Decoy 

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Is the Premium beverage package that much better than Classic?  Apart from San Pellegrino I dont find the wine selection that great. In fact some of the red cabs I like are $17 per glass and up. May have a martini but mostly a wine lover.  It's already included as one of my perks. 

Decoy and Conundrum reds are within the Premium package and are my favourites 

Thanks to all! Called my CVP and upgraded to the premium for $84. We are beer snobs so it's totally worth it to us to FINALLY have some good beer on a cruise 😂

Edited by Chippytoes

Here’s another question re upgrading the drinks package. Either via the pre-cruise planner or onboard; can your OBC be used to pay for it as you can with everything else?

1 minute ago, Bretty said:

Here’s another question re upgrading the drinks package. Either via the pre-cruise planner or onboard; can your OBC be used to pay for it as you can with everything else?

Yep! I used it to upgrade to the Premium. I determined it's cheaper to upgrade than pay the difference drink to drink!

I know the cost to upgrade to Premium from Classic is $84 per day but could someone tell me what the additional cost is to upgrade to Premium Plus from Classic.

1 minute ago, Chippytoes said:

Yep! I used it to upgrade to the Premium. I determined it's cheaper to upgrade than pay the difference drink to drink!

Great, thanks. I’m a bit of a gin snob and I like a decent martini with good gin so it is worth the cost to upgrade for me.

1 minute ago, Bretty said:

Great, thanks. I’m a bit of a gin snob and I like a decent martini with good gin so it is worth the cost to upgrade for me.

For sure! Tequila is my "snobiness" and beer is my husbands 😀

5 minutes ago, Chippytoes said:

For sure! Tequila is my "snobiness" and beer is my husbands 😀

I like me some tequila too, and a margarita is probably my favourite cocktail, but mixed with the lime and the orange liqueur I’m not so snobby about it 😂🍸

26 minutes ago, Bretty said:

I like me some tequila too, and a margarita is probably my favourite cocktail, but mixed with the lime and the orange liqueur I’m not so snobby about it 😂🍸

Don Julio or Patron all the way....the tequilas on the classic package...um...never heard of most of them 😐

3 hours ago, AquariusOne said:

Last November we were on Equinox, no sight is Anejo Don Julio or Patron. Had a Premium package.

Quite often on Thursdays I frequent Jamie Oliver's italian restaurant as they offer half price Margaritas.  Best ever and use Cazadores Blanco tequila.