Oasis - Junior Suites oversold for March sailing

klove613

2 minutes ago, Southern latitudes said:

Has anyone heard anything further about this situation?

I have not. The survey period ends tomorrow. Jan 31. I saw on the Feb 23 roll call that some royalUp bids were accepted. Not sure when they might process some of those for the Mar 1 sailing - it could actually resolve some of their JS issues as well.

5 minutes ago, Southern latitudes said:

Has anyone heard anything further about this situation?

I had answered the survey with a no.  I did get another copy of my bookings yesterday to confirm my JS’ (we have 2 booked) were still the same.  I am very happy about that.  Hope they got some takers and this issue is now resolved.  What a mess Royal!

Edited by Annefran
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 8:52 AM, Annefran said:

I had answered the survey with a no.  I did get another copy of my bookings yesterday to confirm my JS’ (we have 2 booked) were still the same.  I am very happy about that.  Hope they got some takers and this issue is now resolved.  What a mess Royal!

I did not respond to the survey. Hoping we will still be ok. 

Took the deal and just got confirmation getting 50% back (solo cruiser) and new cabin is large balcony oceanview on hump so happy.  This cruise was originally booked as Allure but last year changed to Oasis with announcement of Allure's dry dock, got 400 OBC with that change and 300 with current so with 50% off this cruise is now < 1800$ with 700$ OBC to use.  Hope some one enjoys the JS I gave up (should I stop by and say hi), but as long as I get my triple points I am happy.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, caanma said:

Took the deal and just got confirmation getting 50% back (solo cruiser) and new cabin is large balcony oceanview on hump so happy.  This cruise was originally booked as Allure but last year changed to Oasis with announcement of Allure's dry dock, got 400 OBC with that change and 300 with current so with 50% off this cruise is now < 1800$ with 700$ OBC to use.  Hope some one enjoys the JS I gave up (should I stop by and say hi), but as long as I get my triple points I am happy.

That is a great deal!  As a solo cruiser I would have absolutely no qualms moving to a large ocean view.  I'm glad they were smart to give an ideal location, but of course it is in their interest to keep passengers that booked suites happy as it is clear they are willing to spend more.  I'm sure you made someone very happy to keep their assigned stateroom.   Happy Cruise!

6 hours ago, caanma said:

How did you find out?  I haven’t gotten an email or call yet.

I’m booked in an inside stateroom on the Oasis February 9th sailing and I just got an email that my category is overbooked. They are also only offering second passenger refund but on a different sailing on a different ship! 
If you have flexible travel plans, and you’re interested in moving to a like-for like stateroom on Symphony of the Seasdeparting February 8th , click on the link below to let us know. As a goodwill gesture, we’ll provide a full refund on the cruise fare for the second passenger in your stateroom.”

5 hours ago, caanma said:

Got an email at 2pm, had already completed check in and set sail pass and onboard credit have been updated.

Wow I am glad you heard.  I spoke with a supervisor last night and she told me since the deadline for submitting the survey was yesterday I wouldn’t know until Monday.  She has promised me she will speak with the revenue department directly and call me.  🙏

On 2/1/2020 at 2:50 AM, blueeyescruiser said:

I’m booked in an inside stateroom on the Oasis February 9th sailing and I just got an email that my category is overbooked. They are also only offering second passenger refund but on a different sailing on a different ship! 
If you have flexible travel plans, and you’re interested in moving to a like-for like stateroom on Symphony of the Seasdeparting February 8th , click on the link below to let us know. As a goodwill gesture, we’ll provide a full refund on the cruise fare for the second passenger in your stateroom.”

Wow! I am so surprised that they are just contacting you about a cruise on the 9th. Talk about waiting until the last possible time to notify people. Something is very screwed up with the Oasis bookings.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:12 PM, jmh2006 said:

Actually, that statement was made by a RCI supervisor who spoke to on Friday night for 30 minutes in order to figure out what to do about this debacle. Now, you can definitely take what they say with a grain of salt, which I do, but do not think that it was “complete conjecture on the part of the person making that statement”. This is very upsetting to myself and those who are affected and we are only here to try and help each other!

In the spirit of helping one another, let’s consider this possibility: When that supervisor said people who declined the offer may be reassigned with no compensation, they may have meant that some would be reassigned to a different JS without compensation.  

Here’s my reasoning: if there are JS cabins currently assigned to two different parties, somehow somebody is going to have to be moved out of that JS.  If neither of those parties in the double booked JS take the voluntarily downgrade, that JS is still double booked.  When somebody in another (single booked) JS voluntarily took the downgrade, one of the double booked parties (in fairness the one who booked later, imho) will be reassigned to the newly available JS (without compensation).  

I am glad they are asking for volunteers and are letting people keep their C&A points.  I think they’d get more takers if they had offered a % off the fare or a certain $$ refund rather than 50% off second guest (second guest fares are so wonky/discounted). 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2020 at 2:50 AM, blueeyescruiser said:

I would never take that offer.  RC has to do better than that so close to your sail date.  This is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, lambdabeta said:

I would never take that offer.  RC has to do better than that so close to your sail date.  This is ridiculous.

Well, that goes to show have opinions vary.  Having sailed Oasis multiple times, I’d consider switching to the newer Symphony, especially with a partial refund.  We drive to port, so adjusting the schedule by a day wouldn’t be big deal.  I totally understand why you might reject the offer, but it is not ridiculous that I might strongly consider it.

3 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Well, that goes to show have opinions vary.  Having sailed Oasis multiple times, I’d consider switching to the newer Symphony, especially with a partial refund.  We drive to port, so adjusting the schedule by a day wouldn’t be big deal.  I totally understand why you might reject the offer, but it is not ridiculous that I might strongly consider it.

If I was driving, I would totally switch, but I do think it is ridiculous that Royal is just now notifying passengers for a cruise leaving in a week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

RC knows there are people who would take the offer and that is why they made it.  So everyone can make their own decisions based on their own values. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lambdabeta said:

RC knows there are people who would take the offer and that is why they made it.  So everyone can make their own decisions based on their own values. 

Yes, some folks would jump at it.  My issue would be 50 percent off second person and no CK.   

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

The Dplus priority boarding went to the wayside.  Only Suites, Pinnacles and Key get priority boarding now.

I don’t think that’s true about D+ boarding, I am still enjoying that perk.  👍

34 minutes ago, klove613 said:

If I was driving, I would totally switch, but I do think it is ridiculous that Royal is just now notifying passengers for a cruise leaving in a week.

Again, ridiculous seems like too strong of word, though I understand that such an offer might might work for you. Consider that a cabin or cabins might have had to be taken out of service this week due to a plumbing or other unforeseen mechanical/ service issue.  Perhaps no earlier notice could have been given. 

The cruiseline is simply asking for volunteers with flexible schedules and is offering compensation for them to move to a comparable (or better) cruise at a lower price.  Admittedly, anyone accepting the offer would have to deal with rearranging dining, show and shore arrangements during the last week, so again, only flexible and/or lightly scheduled souls should consider the offer...those do exist.  More notice would be nicer, but as flexible Floridians, a week is quite possible for us...especially if the ship is better and the port is the same or closer.

• Like 1