Oasis - Junior Suites oversold for March sailing

klove613

On 2/2/2020 at 2:04 PM, blueeyescruiser said:

I talked through the options with my spouse and know that we would enjoy the newer ship, but the additional cost just seemed a burden at this point. I spoke with RC and the credit that we would get back for the second person would be in the form of a credit back on our Future Cruise Certificate that I was given by RC after my Harmony Cruise this past summer. This is basically a “free cruise” for us, so we hate to start throwing money at it.  We are driving, but it is a two day trip for us, so we also have a hotel booked that is non refundable.  Here is a more comprehensive list of my negatives. 
We would be out a $189 hotel reservation.

We would have to repurchase onboard items such as deluxe beverage at higher offerings. ($47/ person to 60/person) 
We just sailed Mariner to Coco Cay in Dec and Harmony to Coco Cay, St Thomas, & St  Marteen in June, so the itinerary is not a big draw. 

I’m also worried that we might not get show bookings on Symphony. I tend to book those far in advance to ensure that we get the shows that we want so I have no idea what that would be like 7 days out from sailing! We just have never had this type of issue with RC before!  RC is going to be back in touch with me, so I would love to hear any more advice that anyone wants to share on this “overbooking” issue. 

Royal, of course, has tickets to shows that haven't been sold:  Butlers for suite customers can get whatever they want.  When you talk to the Royal person, try insisting that you want that person to book the shows you want NOW.

You can also mention the expenses (hotel and drink package) you will have and see if you can get them to up the offer a bit--never know if you don't try.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 8:02 AM, marci22 said:

Also, I think they are being sneaky with their 'refund of 2nd passenger fare'. Sounds good until you look at your invoice.

Would be interesting to see if they only made the offer to people that booked during a "BOGO 60" promotion...