Length Of Pier

MDavis23

OK, this might sound like a dumb question, but what is the lenght of the pier in Costa Maya? It looks really, really long! My DH does not want to bring a stroller for our 4 year old and this is one of the examples I say we need it. If we don't walk the pier, what is the cost to get from the pier to Majahaul? Like I said, dumb question. He does not want to pack a stroller when we will have so much sand we are walking in. I on the other hand, don't want to be carrying her. Thoughts? Comments?

OK, this might sound like a dumb question, but what is the lenght of the pier in Costa Maya? It looks really, really long! My DH does not want to bring a stroller for our 4 year old and this is one of the examples I say we need it. If we don't walk the pier, what is the cost to get from the pier to Majahaul? Like I said, dumb question. He does not want to pack a stroller when we will have so much sand we are walking in. I on the other hand, don't want to be carrying her. Thoughts? Comments?

The pier is very long! There is a little tram you can ride back and forth if you don't want to walk and carry your child.

The port area is not very big. Just outside the port area you can get transportation into Majuahaul. I believe it is $3.00 per person to get there, and $2.00 to return.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have one of those Unbrollers that you could bring? They aren't very big and would be great for places that have packed and paved walkways. It would also be a place for the darling to take a nap if you are stopped for a while at a beach.

The tram is great and runs quite often when disembarking the ship. We got back later in the day, so I don't know how often it runs towards the end of the day.

Have a great cruise!

I would say if you are going to Majahual and you do not want to carry, you should bring stroller. Although the road is a dirt road, so may be difficult with stroller. Basically, you will be walking in Majahual so if you do not want to carry her you will want to have other arrangements. If you are staying in Costa Maya you will not have any problems without stroller. You can take the tram from the ship or you can walk. although, it is a rather long walk from the ship.

MDavis23,

The Costa Maya pier IS very long!. One of the longest I've ever seen. However, there is a tram that will be waiting for passengers to disembark from your ship to take you ashore to the terminal building.

I suggest taking this tram rather than trying to walk, as every time I have been to Costa Maya it has been VERY windy! (sowindy that at one point, I thought I was going to get blown overboard!!)

I don't recall seeing any "stroller rentals" in the terminal building, or in Majahul, so if you're planning to venture into Majahul you might be glad you brought it with you.

If you're planning to spend a fair amount of your time at the beach, there's plenty of shade (palm trees) where you could park her out of the sun, while you& hubby soak it up.

if your husband dont want to do the stroller he will be the one to carry the 4 year old after a long day at the beach.

you will have to walk the pier if you get off the ship= you cant get to the pier facilities or majuahaul if you dont.

Im sure your 4 year old will be excited so walking the pier TO the port shouldnt be bad-- its coming back-- wait for the shuttle.

Hi MDavis23,

You may (or may not) have up to three vessels docked in CM at a time. For the most part, I"ve only seen two.

Don't know where Serene56 gets her info from, but there are pier trams which generally travel to the CM tourist shops at the end of the pier from the time pax are cleared to go ashore til generally 30 minutes prior to the sailing time of the last ship departure for the day.

From where you get off the tram at the end of the pier to the taxis is about a 30 yard walk through the pier shopping area (taxi stand located at the north side of the shopping area...it's well signed).

Ciao for now!!!

While it is long the tram takes all the pain out of it. It is the red thing about a 3rd of the way down the pier. Once in the tourist village, it is more like 100 yards instead of 30 to get to the taxi area. Actually the pier is pretty short compared to Progreso which is 4 miles long.

Dave

costamayapiersmall.jpg.9705cddf673dba47939bd6ac639bbd58.jpg

If we don't walk the pier, what is the cost to get from the pier to Majahaul?

Capt Ron- I was making a comment about walking the pier from the above statement. No matter how you look at it you will have to do the pier in order to get anywhere.

I didnt say there was no trams.

Archived