Wanting to add a 5th member to our cruise

Hey all! My family of 4 have booked on the Navigator of the seas in November staying in a Junior Suite. My dad is wanting to go now (I know, spoiled parents). What would be the best way to go about this? I made the mistake of going directly through Royal Caribbean, and I'm fairly certain I can transfer my cruise to a Travel Agent since I'm less than 60 days from my booking, but I've never done that before. Should I transfer my booking and see what the TA can do? I've tried emailing RCI, but haven't gotten a response in a week. Should I just book him the cheapest extra room we can get through RCI? He said he's OK with whatever room as he'll most likely be staying in ours a lot.

You don't have to transfer your booking to see what a travel agent can do for your Dad.  Just contact one and ask what staterooms are available.  You can call Royal and do the same.  I would not use Royal's website as it does not show all available staterooms.

Well, to be honest, I'm not a big fan of Royal Caribbean's service, and I've always found better deals going through TAs (on board credits and such). I'm curious if I transferred the cruise if I'd still be eligible for their discounts, if they rebook, and that sort of thing. Honestly, I'm not sure of the entire process when you transfer to a TA.

Check to see if there is an interior across the hall available. Most economical thing would be to change the booking to remove one of your children from your JS and put him in with your dad so he doesn’t need to pay a single supplement. Probably a good time to use a TA. 

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

You don't have to transfer your booking to see what a travel agent can do for your Dad.  Just contact one and ask what staterooms are available.  You can call Royal and do the same.  I would not use Royal's website as it does not show all available staterooms.

Contact a good TA. If they help and you like them. You can switch to them if the cruise is not paid i full.

16 hours ago, gerif said:

Most economical thing would be to change the booking to remove one of your children from your JS and put him in with your dad so he doesn’t need to pay a single supplement. Probably a good time to use a TA. 

^^^THIS^^^

Even if your kids all sleep in your room, there's no point in paying a single supplement for Dad's room... plus if you book Dad in a single room, the kid's fare will be cheaper than their JS fare!