Cruise Critic Community
Traceeee

Transfers from MIA airport to port

Hello,  This is my first time on MSC and wondering how to book transportation from MIA airport to MSC port.  TIA1

Taxi or Uber...no delays waiting for the bus to fill up if you use a group/ship transfer.   It's not all that far.

I believe Miami has a set fair for taxi ($27). This will be the easiest.

If you plan on using uber/lyft keep an eye on miami int rules, they banned uber/lyft for awhile in Dade. There were some grumblings they may do it again. 

Shouldn't.  Also keep in mind the super bowl is nowhere near downtown or the airport.

Edited by BNBR

22 hours ago, Traceeee said:

Hello,  This is my first time on MSC and wondering how to book transportation from MIA airport to MSC port.  TIA1

Welcome to the boards! 😎

As mentioned above, taxi ($27+ tip) or UberX/Lyft for under $20 are your best bets. On a weekend morning with little traffic the ride from POM-MIA will take about 15+ minutes.

On 1/25/2020 at 6:51 PM, Curious about cruises said:

Will it cost more on Super Bowl Sunday due to road closures? 

IF they charge surge pricing because of the game, the price would be higher.  When you arrive at the airport and hail Uber/Lyft on the app, it will give you an estimated price.  Before you travel, find out the standard taxi fare and compare to see which is cheaper/more convenient. 

On 1/25/2020 at 9:52 AM, Traceeee said:

Tell me you're not flying in the same day you sail!  😱

I understand the jkgourmet's sentiments!  I completely feel the same way, and we had planned to drive, and I already had the parking reserved.

My first-time cruise friends, at the last minute, said they needed to fly, and we could use their points so it would not cost anything for us.  I pointed out that we could miss the cruise, but since we do have travel insurance, we can get reimbursed in case that happens, so they could make the call.

The only reason I agreed to fly instead of driving, though, was we have a direct flight that leaves at 5:45 a.m. and arrives at 7:45 a.m. on American.  So, I believe the direct flight plane will be sitting at our airport overnight which greatly reduces the likelihood that we would not arrive in time to get on the boat.There is always that chance, though, which our friends were willing to take.  My husband and I always either fly down the day before or drive, because it takes the stress out of the trip.  If my husband and I don't make it, it will not be as huge a disappointment because we have been cruising every year for 14 years.