Cruise Critic Community
cruisekitty22

Nassau Pearl Island or Balmoral Island with Lunch Excursions

Trying to decide between Pearl Island and Balmoral Island with lunch excursion in Nassau on NCL Bliss for March 22, 2020.   We want to do the excursion that will have less kids.  Anyone been on both of these excursions?  Which one would seem to have less kids? Pearl Island has less of a beach area than Balmoral Island if that would help!  I see a Carnival ship  has the Balmoral Island excursion.  Royal Caribbean has the Pearl Island excursion.  We want to make the right decision.  We like a quiet peaceful spot to spend a few hours.

I did Balmoral once 2 years ago, never again.  I’ve never been to Pearl Island.  I’m on the same cruise and trying to decide between staying on the ship, going to Bahamar or Atlantis to gamble, or trying to get a small group together to rent a private boat for  touring and snorkeling.  I read a good review regarding one of the companies down there.

Balmoral was the old Sandals .kind of run down and eatery was just ok. Island activities were dolphin swim/ dolphin encounters. Beach was just okay

Another option is the Blue Lagoon excursion, which seems to get better reviews.

Blue Lagoon I feel is the nicer than Balmoral and Blue Lagoon beach has more to offer.

Did dolphin swim in Balmoral & sea lions at Blue Lagoon

as per my little picture above

Edited by yearsofcruising

I just watched a youtube video on a Balmoral excursion from ship yesterday.  it didn't wow me.  cruisers said it was $69pp and their lunch was $56 for a couple sandwiches, chips and sodas.  the pool area looked kinda cool, not too many out islands have what I assume is a fresh water pool on them.  there was only one beach area for the cruisers most of the rest of the island was blocked off for Sandals. 

Ive seen video on the Blue Lagoon and it looked superior, give it a looksee.  that said, we are in Nassau next month and have a beach visit excursion to Rose Island.   stay tuned!

to my knowledge Sandals was no more there as of 2 yrs ago. We actually saw torn down SANDALS signs at the far end of the island. But Blue Lagoon is the better beach , dolphins, sea lions

6 hours ago, yearsofcruising said:

to my knowledge Sandals was no more there as of 2 yrs ago. We actually saw torn down SANDALS signs at the far end of the island. But Blue Lagoon is the better beach , dolphins, sea lions

Another vote for Blue Lagoon. There are different beaches so being set up with fewer kids is possible. Lunch buffet is good and included. Beautiful and clean resort.  We walked around to see the sea lions, dolphins, and stingrays.

Blue Lagoon is an easy boat ride and is a good place to visit.     I would definitely go back.   I wasn't impressed with the meal though; basic buffet hamburger or hot dog.  The only thing I enjoyed was the plantains.  

Pearl Island would have been my choice, bu our friends wanted to see dolphins so we choose Blue Lagoon. Would love to hear input regarding Blue vs Pearl.