Seaside and Divina Yacht Clubs

Are there any major (or minor) differences between the Seaside and Divina Yacht Clubs. We’ve been in the Seaside YC twice and loved the experience. Thinking of booking a Caribbean cruise on the Divina in 2021 in the absence of the Seaside. We also have a YC cruise booked on the Meraviglia this April..

Major difference is that the Yacht Club Restaurant (LeMuse??)  on Divina is separate in the back of the ship.  You either have to walk across a windy deck or go down to (I believe) Deck 7 across to the aft and up to the restaurant.

We still loved it.

I agree with Mafig. We preferred Seaside's YC over Divina's because of the location of Le Muse. The One Pool area is nicer on Seaside and has a much better buffet area for breakfast and lunch. As far as the pool goes on Divina, there are no steps to access it, an issue if you have mobility problems using the ladders. 

The Divina has a yc2  category cabin. Huge, absolutely loved them. They are on a separate deck then the main yacht club but we thought the cabin was well worth the extra walk. I think they are designate as aurea suites on the Seaside so have no yacht club access.

Also, the yc3 cabins. Incredibly huge and wonderful but on the Divina, they have a horribly narrow balcony almost unusable.

On the Seaside it is amazing. Your own hot tub, a giant dining table, regular & lounge chairs.

I you are lucky enough to try and grab a yc3 on Seaside this year, do not hesitate. The price on those cabins doubles next year.

Divina poolside YC is much smaller, as is the outdoor food service area. It is still fabulous. 

We actually much prefer the Divina Le Muse restaurant. Much more elegant and spacious. We enjoy the walk to/from. Think the food is better too, perhaps because so much smaller (fewer dishes to prepare). 

Divina also less crowded in YC 

We love then both, but I think Divina is our favorite. 

18 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

We actually much prefer the Divina Le Muse restaurant. Much more elegant and spacious. We enjoy the walk to/from. Think the food is better too, perhaps because so much smaller (fewer dishes to prepare). 

We thought that the walk to LeMuse was too windy outside and to complicated inside but the restaurant was very nice!

The view from LeMuse wasn't very nice with all the people outside.

On 1/27/2020 at 5:49 AM, sverigecruiser said:

We thought that the walk to LeMuse was too windy outside and to complicated inside but the restaurant was very nice!

The view from LeMuse wasn't very nice with all the people outside.

one does have to avert eyes from time to time!

Edited by TrinaLC

We are just off the Divina and had a wonderful YC experience. It was our first MSC cruise. In chatting with another couple, they said that both are great YCs, but the Seaside Topsail lounge is much less cozy and a lot noisier, because the restaurant is open to the lounge (via a staircase.)

They loved both and have both booked again, so I guess you can't go wrong either way.

The Topsail lounge on Divina is something special; we spent a lot of time in there. Quiet piano music, violins, soft singing - never felt we had to raise our voice to have a conversation. It was never crowded. Service was excellent (with a few exceptions.)

The walk to Le Muse didn't bother us at all, you just can't go via deck 15, as it's too windy. We did the walks from both 7 & 14.

3 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

one does have to avert eyes from time to time!

Lots and lots of men in questionable Speedos on our cruise, including the Le Muse view. Lol... it didn't bother us, though. 

To expand a bit on the sentiments of Kmkub . . . 

Apart from the obvious differences in dining room location, we would agree that the most significant difference is the "feel" of the two Topsail lounges.  Divina is like that perfect nightclub . . . a strong sense of privacy, much quieter, more intimate.  One thing I like is that, when you sit at either of the extreme ends of the space, the level of privacy can even be greater (as most people tend to be seated toward the middle).

On the other hand, Topsail on Seaside isn't particularly intimate at all.  It's a much more open space, by virtue of it being two decks tall.  Combine that with the floor to ceiling windows, it creates a space that is bright, airy, and active.

So, your preference will largely depend upon what you're looking for.  For the record, I prefer Divina's Topsail, my wife prefers Seaside's.  Go figure.

Edited by HornedFrogCruiser

On the Seaside, I like the open outdoor area with the light-up benches in front of the Topsail Lounge, so score one for the Seaside there. 

However, on the Divina, I liked that the pool was separate from the dining area. Just as there have been comments about people walking around in speedos in view of those dining in LeMuse on Divina, on Seaside I wasn't entirely comfortable swimming right next to people trying to eat their lunch. Also, on the Divina, the YC pool seemed warmer than on the Seaside (though the seaside one was somewhat heated).

I would happily sail either one again!