Can't book 5:30 dining with 7:30 show on Bliss?

The online booking system won't allow it as it wants to allow you 2 hours for the meal and you definitely want to be at the theater more than 15 minutes before the show if you have a reservation as the standby line is opened up 10 minutes before the show.  You COULD do a specialty on that night if you let them know you have a show reservation but it might be a squeeze if you like to take your time.

At 5:30 I can say with almost 90% certainty that you will get seated quickly at Taste or Savor even without a reservation.  Last time I was on the Bliss I ate between 5 and 5:30 every time I ate in those venues and never waited more than a few minutes for a table (for 3 or 4).  In those venues you can also let them know you have a show reservation, and you can also skip dessert and not feel bad you're "leaving something on the table" by not getting all courses on the SDP.

28 minutes ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Not a glitch, you wont make that show.

All you have to do is let the waiter know when you sit down you are going to the show 

We did that on the Joy and the meal was definitely served quicker and they brought out our dessert right after the entree which prob saved 30 mins by itself 

Sat down at 5:30 and was done eating and on the way to the show a little before 7pm 

Not a glitch. It is because you reserved for the show at 7:30 pm.

Change either the time for the dinner or the show.

If you want a dinner at 5:30 pm at MDR - you can still do so.

Just let the server know that you want to see the 7:30 pm show.

You can also ask to see the dessert menu too and order it ahead of time or skip desserts.

2 hours ago, choover2576 said:

The online system won't let me book 5:30 dining with a 7:30 show.  Is this a glitch or their policy?  

There is no problem making the show. just make sure your waiter Know you want to be done by 7:00. 

But you will have to wait and book dinner as soon as you embark.

The system avoids conflicts and blocks a full 2 hours for dinner. If the show started at 7:31, you would be fine. But since it is within two hours of your dinner, it is blocked. 

I booked my specialty restaurants first, then booked shows. I have one night with dinner 5:30, show at 7:30. So maybe they only do this if you books shows first? At any rate, we will just let our server know our plans when we are seated.