When do CA points kick in?

Hello. We are going on Symphony end of Feb and this cruise will bump us to Platinum.  When do they bump up the points?  When the cruise starts or when it ends?  Just curious for the purpose of discounts on Next Cruise and on board perks. Thanks!

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will get your points appx 6 days after the cruise is completed. 

You may may find that the next cruise will let you use the higher discount if you book another cruise on board.  At least that was our experience. 

That was not our experience. We did book a cruise onboard the sailing that earned us Platinum and specifically asked if we could get the Platinum balcony discount and were told no. This was on Oasis about 5 years ago.

3 hours ago, blackshirt said:

That was not our experience. We did book a cruise onboard the sailing that earned us Platinum and specifically asked if we could get the Platinum balcony discount and were told no. This was on Oasis about 5 years ago.

this was our experience also.

On Anthem I've moved up a CAS level after the cruise twice now. 

In both cases Next wouldn't apply the next tier discounts on board but suggested I call once my account shows the next CAS level and then they would adjust the price to include any new CAS discounts.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

On Anthem I've moved up a CAS level after the cruise twice now. 

In both cases Next wouldn't apply the next tier discounts on board but suggested I call once my account shows the next CAS level and then they would adjust the price to include any new CAS discounts.   

That is exactly what happened with me, twice and both on Anthem. They said to call afterwards and when I did, they changed my level quickly and applied the discount.