Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Can someone clarify when the loyalty OBC starts? On the start of my 21st sailing? OR do I have to have 21 cruises completed? I currently have 20 completed and getting ready to embark on my 21st princess cruise in 3 weeks.

 

I know its 

21-30 cruises credits is $25 OBC

31-40 cruises credits is $50 OBC

41-50 cruises credits is $75 OBC

51+ cruise credits is $100 OBC

Edited by chabad
Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, it sounds like it would start on the 21st Cruise. just sounds a bit odd that they would start loyalty credit on a random Cruise number. I can understand them saying you've completed 20 cruises, so from here on out here's a credit of OBC

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

To me, it sounds like it would start on the 21st Cruise. just sounds a bit odd that they would start loyalty credit on a random Cruise number. I can understand them saying you've completed 20 cruises, so from here on out here's a credit of OBC

It does start on #21, that is after you complete 20. Also, it is ONE per cabin, not per person if both in cabin have the required number of cruises. Just found this out yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

It does start on #21, that is after you complete 20. Also, it is ONE per cabin, not per person if both in cabin have the required number of cruises. Just found this out yesterday.

Just returned from cruise #26 & 27. DH and I both got $25 "loyalty commends" OBC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Just returned from cruise #26 & 27. DH and I both got $25 "loyalty commends" OBC.

That's awesome! I've always heard if you share a cabin with a fellow loyalists of the brand and they have the same home address as the other person that only one of you get the loyalty and they split it amongst both of you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Just returned from cruise #26 & 27. DH and I both got $25 "loyalty commends" OBC.

 

10 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Just returned from cruise #26 & 27. DH and I both got $25 "loyalty commends" OBC.

The Capt's circle guy on the Regal yesterday said only one should get it. He read it directly from his FAQ

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

 

The Capt's circle guy on the Regal yesterday said only one should get it. He read it directly from his FAQ

I personally think it should be done by individuals not based off who sharing the cabin. Because in all honesty each person has earned their own loyalty rights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chabad said:

Can someone clarify when the loyalty OBC starts? On the start of my 21st sailing? OR do I have to have 21 cruises completed? I currently have 20 completed and getting ready to embark on my 21st princess cruise in 3 weeks.

 

I know its 

21-30 cruises credits is $25 OBC

31-40 cruises credits is $50 OBC

41-50 cruises credits is $75 OBC

51+ cruise credits is $100 OBC

 

Based on my experiences your list is slightly off & in past discussions this has been the cruise credit levels & amounts of OBC.  I’ve never understood why the number of cruise credits in the first level is different than the other levels.  We began receiving $75 on our 42nd cruise and my wife & I have received the OBC per cabin despite having the same number.  It would be good to have the experience of “RT - retired RRF” however that has never happened for us...either a policy change or a lucky mistake.

 

21 to 31 is $25

32 to 41 is $50

42 to 51 is $75

52+ is $100

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Like many things Princess...YMMV.

B2B on the Pacific Princess.355524840_001(640x465)(640x465).jpg.19c0cca3456560c9b583653b4102eb9d.jpg

 

Ah yes...Princess being consistently inconsistent.

 

Hopefully that’s a policy change & not merely a lucky mistake for you. 🙂

 

Did you have 2 separate booking numbers or booked as a single cruise that could be booked as B2B?  My past experiences have been that the Loyalty credit has been based on how it’s booked.

Edited by Astro Flyer
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

I personally think it should be done by individuals not based off who sharing the cabin. Because in all honesty each person has earned their own loyalty rights.

 

From what I've read, if you have a different last name, it will be provided to both passengers.  Married with the same last name (and living at the same address), they only give it once.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cruise Raider said:

 

From what I've read, if you have a different last name, it will be provided to both passengers.  Married with the same last name (and living at the same address), they only give it once.  

 

I called this discrimination on married couples who choose to have the same last name or discrimination on family members who travel together. For example once in a blue moon my dad and I (same last name) share a Cabin and other times we get our own. I just think everyone should be rewarded for their own individual loyalty. Very interesting though about the different last names and same addresses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jeter02 said:

I called this discrimination on married couples who choose to have the same last name or discrimination on family members who travel together. For example once in a blue moon my dad and I (same last name) share a Cabin and other times we get our own. I just think everyone should be rewarded for their own individual loyalty. Very interesting though about the different last names and same addresses.

 

Even though I try to never look a gift horse in the mouth ... but, I completely agree with you on this point.  It really should be per passenger, even if they lower the amount given.  It creates resentment and in this day and age, I find it hard to believe they've set up their policy as such.  I have friends with different last names even though they are married ... they didn't even question giving them their own individual onboard credit.  

Again, I am just thankful for the little bit I get, though.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cruise Raider said:

 

Even though I try to never look a gift horse in the mouth ... but, I completely agree with you on this point.  It really should be per passenger, even if they lower the amount given.  It creates resentment and in this day and age, I find it hard to believe they've set up their policy as such.  I have friends with different last names even though they are married ... they didn't even question giving them their own individual onboard credit.  

Again, I am just thankful for the little bit I get, though.  

I'm right there with you. I too am always very grateful for the small things in the little things that we do receive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I'm right there with you. I too am always very grateful for the small things in the little things that we do receive.

 

I simply refuse to let that little stuff affect my mood, especially while on a cruise!  If enough passengers complain enough, one of two things will happen: Princess will likely either double it by giving it to each passenger in the cabin or take it away completely.  It really isn't an advertised perk ... not that I could find anyway.  So, I'll just be happy with anything they give me as a token for my loyalty.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

 

Ah yes...Princess being consistently inconsistent.

 

Hopefully that’s a policy change & not merely a lucky mistake for you. 🙂

 

Did you have 2 separate booking numbers or booked as a single cruise that could be booked as B2B?  My past experiences have been that the Loyalty credit has been based on how it’s booked.

One booking number for each cruise. Husband and wife: same last name, same address.

If it was a lucky mistake, it's happened 6 times. Since we qualified for loyalty credit, we've each received $25 on every cruise (now 21 thru 27).

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

One booking number for each cruise. Husband and wife: same last name, same address.

If it was a lucky mistake, it's happened 6 times. Since we qualified for loyalty credit, we've each received $25 on every cruise (now 21 thru 27).

 

interesting ... .lucky you!!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

I called this discrimination on married couples who choose to have the same last name or discrimination on family members who travel together. For example once in a blue moon my dad and I (same last name) share a Cabin and other times we get our own. I just think everyone should be rewarded for their own individual loyalty. Very interesting though about the different last names and same addresses.

That's because it is discrimination, and Princess should be ashamed for not giving to both parties just because they are married.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

One booking number for each cruise. Husband and wife: same last name, same address.

If it was a lucky mistake, it's happened 6 times. Since we qualified for loyalty credit, we've each received $25 on every cruise (now 21 thru 27).

 

We’re at 42 credits but have only received one per cabin during our 20 cruises eligible for Loyalty credit.  Like you, married couple with same last name & address...hope your lucky streak continues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

One booking number for each cruise. Husband and wife: same last name, same address.

If it was a lucky mistake, it's happened 6 times. Since we qualified for loyalty credit, we've each received $25 on every cruise (now 21 thru 27).

 

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

 

We’re at 42 credits but have only received one per cabin during our 20 cruises eligible for Loyalty credit.  Like you, married couple with same last name & address...hope your lucky streak continues.

 

Out of interest please 🙂 in each instance JF and Astro, could you please check your "member number" / unique identifier for husband and wife? Is the number the same with an "A" / "B" the only difference? Or do you have completely separate numbers without an "A" / "B" at the end?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sarah Jane Smith said:

 

 

Out of interest please 🙂 in each instance JF and Astro, could you please check your "member number" / unique identifier for husband and wife? Is the number the same with an "A" / "B" the only difference? Or do you have completely separate numbers without an "A" / "B" at the end?

 

My wife & I have the same CC number followed by A for me & B for her...maybe JF & spouse have different CC numbers? 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

My DW & I always each receive the loyalty reward payment from our first qualifying time to our last cruise. We have the same CC #’s A/B but she uses her maiden name and has a different mailing address than me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...