What is being done about coronavirus.....

Cruisers lack of understanding of a Wall Street cliche is apparent.  "Hold your nose and buy" is a cliche meaning that this may be a good long-term investment because of strong fundamentals. This author seems to think Norwegian is a strong company in the cruise space and cruisers (and investors) should have hope going forward. (Not investment advice.)

5 hours ago, Fran&Steve said:

Cruisers lack of understanding of a Wall Street cliche is apparent.  "Hold your nose and buy" is a cliche meaning that this may be a good long-term investment because of strong fundamentals. This author seems to think Norwegian is a strong company in the cruise space and cruisers (and investors) should have hope going forward. (Not investment advice.)

No investment advice here either, but there’s another Wall Street cliche warning against trying to “catch a falling knife.” Just because a stock has fallen substantially, there’s no guarantee the low price means it’s a good buy.

I don’t think there’s going to be huge pent up demand when the ships start sailing again, and the cruise lines might very well have to resort to substantially discounted prices to lure folks back on board. I wouldn’t make a final payment on a cruise for later this year unless I had some sort of assurance I could take advantage of the inevitable price cuts.

11 minutes ago, BarbarianPaul said:

No investment advice here either, but there’s another Wall Street cliche warning against trying to “catch a falling knife.” Just because a stock has fallen substantially, there’s no guarantee the low price means it’s a good buy.

I don’t think there’s going to be huge pent up demand when the ships start sailing again, and the cruise lines might very well have to resort to substantially discounted prices to lure folks back on board. I wouldn’t make a final payment on a cruise for later this year unless I had some sort of assurance I could take advantage of the inevitable price cuts.

Agree BarbarianPaul, specially if that falling knife was due in part to some alleged shenanigans by NCL management. 

And I also agree about your opinion of lack of "huge pent up demand" after the crisis is seemingly over. People will be skittish about getting on cruise ships , and the regular fare $$$ is not going to provide enough enticement. 

We were due to join a cruise in May and had paid a deposit. I took advantage of Regent’s offer to pay in full and convert to a ‘future cruise credit’. If, when sailings start again and we are no longer fearful of the virus, there are special reduced offers for Regent cruises will we be able to take advantage of the special reduced rates using our credit?

Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel-Issued March 19

The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19.  In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.  U.S. citizens who live abroad should avoid all international travel.  Many countries are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks and implementing travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines, closing borders, and prohibiting non-citizens from entry with little advance notice.  Airlines have cancelled many international flights and several cruise operators have suspended operations or cancelled trips.  If you choose to travel internationally, your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite timeframe.

29 minutes ago, Gray Eagle02 said:

Hindsight is 20/20. A drop in the bucket in terms of the pandemic foisted on the world by the totalitarian regime of China. The "experts" should look into that instead of trying to scapegoat the cruise industry

The crew fund goes to helping support the 2 week onboard rotation for crew section sponsored parties/themes in the crew bar. I used to think it went towards helping crew fly home etc. and maybe part of it actually does but I was told otherwise. I keep an open mind and would love to see evidence I am wrong so please share it if you have it. I don't even think they keep the funds in a bank account but rather a shipboard account.

8 hours ago, Pcardad said:

The crew fund goes to helping support the 2 week onboard rotation for crew section sponsored parties/themes in the crew bar. I used to think it went towards helping crew fly home etc. and maybe part of it actually does but I was told otherwise. I keep an open mind and would love to see evidence I am wrong so please share it if you have it. I don't even think they keep the funds in a bank account but rather a shipboard account.

My understanding is the same.  Perhaps Regent could put together a fund to contribute to.  Really appreciating your input.  Keep it up!