Crystal & the Corona Virus

kmkord

2 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Indeed!  That is why the cruise companies have the right (obligation?) to insist that passengers make themselves as safe as possible by getting whatever vaccines are available.

I agree, but my point all along has been that you cannot expect Crystal, or any cruise line to be the "outlier" on this. Until every line is mandated to require all guests to be immunized for flu, by whatever means, and I certainly don't know what that means is, no line will do it. I may not agree with that position, but it is what it is, and I am not even getting into any COVID-19 vaccine. That one should truly be a no-brainer, but I am equally sure there will be resistance to mandatory vaccination.

11 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Yes there is talk about the possibility of September.  This I believe would be a record for something this big but it would be great if this happened and preferable over the initial 18 month assessment.  

I guess this is where I say "time will tell" and maybe put on my rose colored glasses as I am a glass is half full guy as well.  😀

Keith

To be fair, there are definitely ''ifs and buts'' and, of course, regulatory approval required. However, as you indicate, the speed of development is certainly unprecedented and it appears that there is also tremendous global co-operation and engagement. Fingers well and truly crossed on both the vaccine and development fronts !

Still waiting to cruise in the next few months?

Serenity and symphony are anchored outside Malaysia in the past few weeks.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:375062/zoom:10

12 cruise ships are anchored outside Manila waiting to discharge their crew

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:5851240/zoom:13

12 hours ago, datolim said:

Still waiting to cruise in the next few months?

Serenity and symphony are anchored outside Malaysia in the past few weeks.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:375062/zoom:10

12 cruise ships are anchored outside Manila waiting to discharge their crew

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:5851240/zoom:13

Has  Symphony left Singapore's Sembawang shipyard?

3 hours ago, BWIVince said:

I thought it’s been anchored there the whole time?  I could be wrong, I haven’t been watching it continuously, just checked once during the dry dock period.

Vince

Vince.

She was docked in the yard for a couple of weeks. Somewhere in this myriad of threads there are pictures of her from the bow cam of a Princess ship that was tied up behind her.

Edited by Roland4

5 hours ago, Roland4 said:

Vince.

She was docked in the yard for a couple of weeks. Somewhere in this myriad of threads there are pictures of her from the bow cam of a Princess ship that was tied up behind her.

True, I meant since she was moved away from the yard...   I guess my poorly worded question was that she’s never actually entered drydock since arriving, right?  Since she left service, it seems like the sum of work done seems to gone from sitting in queue, to sitting not so much in queue.

Vince

7 hours ago, BWIVince said:

True, I meant since she was moved away from the yard...   I guess my poorly worded question was that she’s never actually entered drydock since arriving, right?  Since she left service, it seems like the sum of work done seems to gone from sitting in queue, to sitting not so much in queue.

Vince

No one has actually mentioned if she ever entered the drydock. My guess would be no given she moved from that pier to at anchor. Maybe the yard is not operating due to the virus??

8 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

No one has actually mentioned if she ever entered the drydock. My guess would be no given she moved from that pier to at anchor. Maybe the yard is not operating due to the virus??

That was my impression, but I haven't seen it spelled out anywhere so I'd love to hear confirmation of that if anyone has information.  Shipyards are usually essential businesses, but at the same time this kind of work is kind of the "elective surgery" of dry dock work, and certainly violates every principle of social distancing.

Vince

2 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

That was my impression, but I haven't seen it spelled out anywhere so I'd love to hear confirmation of that if anyone has information.  Shipyards are usually essential businesses, but at the same time this kind of work is kind of the "elective surgery" of dry dock work, and certainly violates every principle of social distancing.

Vince

Meyer-Werften is shut down, leaving Endeavor 60% done, and all of her sailings up to Nov 1 cancelled.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, teamflames said:

Good to see you have come around from your earlier opinions 

Also, you may want to read my words you quoted a bit more carefully.   I never said this disease will never be a bigger problem.  On the contrary, I said that we hope it will not be a big problem.  And I still believe if we continue to be cavalier about influenza, we will continue to have more people die, year after year, like clockwork.

Edited by Psoque
fixed a typo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...