Go Best for Sky/Celebrity Suites No Longer Includes Premium Bev Pkg?

WonderMan3

So I was just browsing the Celebrity site and started making a booking for a suite for a cruise next year (just playing around, not actually booking) when I noticed fine print at the bottom of the screen which says that Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites do not include a Premium Beverage Package. This cruise date was offering Go Best for all suite categories. This disclaimer has to be in reference to Go Best as opposed to differentiating amenities versus the higher level suites because they would have had to call out the Sunset Suite then as not including Premium as an amenity. When did this change happen? I have had a Sky Suite with Go Best a recently as Dec 2018 and it included a Premium Beverage Package. I have included an image of the text below.

celebrity bev pkg.JPG

9 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

So I was just browsing the Celebrity site and started making a booking for a suite for a cruise next year (just playing around, not actually booking) when I noticed fine print at the bottom of the screen which says that Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites do not include a Premium Beverage Package. This cruise date was offering Go Best for all suite categories. This disclaimer has to be in reference to Go Best as opposed to differentiating amenities versus the higher level suites because they would have had to call out the Sunset Suite then as not including Premium as an amenity. When did this change happen? I have had a Sky Suite with Go Best a recently as Dec 2018 and it included a Premium Beverage Package. I have included an image of the text below.

celebrity bev pkg.JPG

I believe it is in reference to the Premium Beverage Package amenity.  I think the note has been there for a while.  It may just not be updated with the Sunset Suite reference.  Which ships have Sunset Suites?

I believe that the key words are “not included”.  Suites above the CS level have the Premium Beverage Package included as an amenity of the Suite.   We booked a repo in a RS with no perks but got the Premium Beverage package and wi-fi as amenities of the suit. SS and CS suites do not have those amenities.

• Like 2

Just now, jagoffee said:

I believe it is in reference to the Premium Beverage Package amenity.  I think the note has been there for a while.  It may just not be updated with the Sunset Suite reference.  Which ships have Sunset Suites?

Not sure. This was Infinity that I was looking at. There are other amenities that are included with Royal and Penthouse like Wifi that you don't get with Sky and Celebrity. Why would they mention one amenity and not others? Also, in another thread (the one about Princess compared to Celebrity) a poster mentioned that they had Go Best in a Sky Suite but had to pay to upgrade to Premium which struck me as odd.

Okay, I answered my own question by trying to book a Sky Suite all the way to the payment page. It shows Premium there. Guess they do need to update their disclaimer language to include Sunset Suite. I'm still wondering why that other poster had to pay to upgrade to Premium though when getting perks in a Sky Suite?

sky suite.JPG

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Okay, I answered my own question by trying to book a Sky Suite all the way to the payment page. It shows Premium there. Guess they do need to update their disclaimer language to include Sunset Suite. I'm still wondering why that other poster had to pay to upgrade to Premium though when getting perks in a Sky Suite?

sky suite.JPG

That other poster didn’t have the Go Best package but rather three perks, one of which was the Classic Bev pkg.  

22 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

That other poster didn’t have the Go Best package but rather three perks, one of which was the Classic Bev pkg.  

Interesting. I’ve seen suites offered with no perks or all 4. I didn’t realize they were offered with other options.