Past Guest party on the Pride?

michelle028

3 hours ago, iamsteph said:

The platinum/diamond party was the last night of the cruise at 5 pm. I just got off yesterday. They no longer have a party unless you're platinum/diamond. 

What timing. Isn't this the same scenario that played out to end the past guest party due to lack of interest?

27 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

What timing. Isn't this the same scenario that played out to end the past guest party due to lack of interest?

I don't think it was lack of interest, but rather a case of too many past guests.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iamsteph said:

They no longer have a party unless you're platinum/diamond. 

Not necessarily a bad thing: Having been to a few, it get to be repetitive
running the same old film every time.

We used to go because it was something to do!

The last one we went to was on the Elation when it was doing 5 day cruises out of NOLA. Right after that cruise they changed the rules to only P/D allowed. I read John Heald's column regularly and he will on occasion list the number of passengers in each category. On the shorter 'booze' cruises more blue and red. On the longer ones, especially 'journey' cruises they have huge numbers of P/D's. Enough that they even forgo the extra money from the Faster to the Fun program because they cannot get enough rooms ready to handle the P/D's. I've even seen them delay access to the rooms for all because of the number of P/D's.

We have done 3 journey cruises so far, latest in November, and each time the percentage of P/D's has increased. We did the 7 day Bermuda cruise the week before. Completely different demographic on that cruise from the journey cruise. As a result of that B2B experience, I doubt we will do any more less than 7 day cruises on Carnival. We have one 7 day currently booked for the MG next January, but that might be the last, and stick to journeys after that. We have done H/A and several Princess cruises, and I see where H/A just appointed a brand ambassador. With Carnival's ever expanding push to cater to new to cruising first and second timers, perhaps its time to move up, staying within the Carnival family of companies.