Labadee question

1 hour ago, cb at sea said:

The place isn't THAT big.....you can stroll around, unless you have some sort of mobility issue.  There is a tram, if you need it.

Let's assume a person has a mobility issue. Getting from the ship to the tram is a significant distance. I personally wouldn't suggest taking a scooter along if they're going to the beach. However, a person who has trouble walking is going to find the distance of the pier daunting.

There are 2 trams.  If you are going to Columbus cove, you need the small one.  If you are going anywhere else, take the double one.  They do both stop at the middle stop, but the small one will be full already if you try to catch it there.

Yes, the pier is long, but not much longer than others.  The tram is a couple hundred feet more after that.

• Like 1

My husband used a scooter on Labadie. In fact sometimes I was jealous because it was hot and I had to walk! Or I had to wait longer than I had hoped for a tram. If someone cannot walk at all, they likely will not be able to go onto the sand and hang out in a lounge chair. But they can find shady areas just to relax, people watch, & I think probably get to the eating area if someone can assist them and bring food to them.

One mistake I made was not finding an attendant and asking him to bring beach chairs for us as soon as I decided which beach we wanted to be on. The beaches do get pretty crowded and there may not be a choice place to have them sit your chair,  but at least you will end up with something most likely if you make a point to ASK. You might have to go to a little trouble to find someone to ask in the first place but you may want to get that arranged before you try to bring anyone who has difficulty walking onto the beach to a lounge chair. It’s the same if you need a beach wheelchair to transport somebody on the beach. I don’t recall seeing a lot of those available at all although I know we did see one or two that were being used. 

Anyway yes you most definitely can bring a scooter onto Labadie.

• Like 1