Jump to content

Does medallion stay in the wrist band?


Recommended Posts

We got our medallions for our upcoming cruise and also got the rubber wrist bands. I was surprised the medallions are only loosely held in place by a magnet! They seem to pop out very easily and not very secure. What is the experience of others with this type of accessory? I’m afraid I will lose it within half an hour!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, crimmj said:

We got our medallions for our upcoming cruise and also got the rubber wrist bands. I was surprised the medallions are only loosely held in place by a magnet! They seem to pop out very easily and not very secure. What is the experience of others with this type of accessory? I’m afraid I will lose it within half an hour!

 

Mine never fell out. I swam with it on but probably didn't do anything that would make it fall out. I never felt as if it would fall out though, and if it did you just get another or a replacement cruise card from CS. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As shown in the photos, the Sea Witch needs to be placed horizontally in the opening. It is a magnet and has north and south poles. If not placed correctly, it falls out. My DH and I had the clips and his kept falling out but mine did not. Then we figured out he was placing the medallion into the clip incorrectly.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pstcrik said:

Not had a Medallion .  Do they send it to you prior to the cruise ? 

 

Currently, they do if you live in the United States. Travelers from other countries pick theirs up at the terminal on embarkation day. Rumour is that the mailing program is soon to be expanded to other countries but I read that here and haven't seen any official statements to that effect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Croptop said:

 

Currently, they do if you live in the United States. Travelers from other countries pick theirs up at the terminal on embarkation day. Rumour is that the mailing program is soon to be expanded to other countries but I read that here and haven't seen any official statements to that effect.

Ah thanks.  I keep seeing people mention that it speeds up checking in for cruises but unless you had them with you when you check in I did not see how it would speed things up.  Will have to wait and see if and when they send to Canada.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get fit bit wrist bands on amazon which work perfect.  As a side note, at the casino, they will ask for your medallion and you need to either take the wrist band off and lay it on the table or you can pop it out of the band and just lay the medallion on the table.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, famski740 said:

You can get fit bit wrist bands on amazon which work perfect.  As a side note, at the casino, they will ask for your medallion and you need to either take the wrist band off and lay it on the table or you can pop it out of the band and just lay the medallion on the table.

 

Yes thanks for the tip, I actually ordered like a set of 10 different colors for the 4 of us to share and use for the price of 2 onboard the ship.  These actually have the buckle like a watch, so I feel they are more secure than the others.  Even if one breaks we have plenty of extra for backups, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 13cheermom said:

 

Yes thanks for the tip, I actually ordered like a set of 10 different colors for the 4 of us to share and use for the price of 2 onboard the ship.  These actually have the buckle like a watch, so I feel they are more secure than the others.  Even if one breaks we have plenty of extra for backups, lol.

Which fitbit band do the medallions fit in?  The Versa looks to be square so is there a newer round version of the fitbit? Please forgive my ignorance as I still use (and love the little older fitbit Alta HR!)

Thanks, Sharon

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZumbaCruiser said:

Which fitbit band do the medallions fit in?  The Versa looks to be square so is there a newer round version of the fitbit? Please forgive my ignorance as I still use (and love the little older fitbit Alta HR!)

Thanks, Sharon

 

Do a search on Amazon for the Fitbit Zip wristband.  According to some other post I read on here people have purchased these and they worked fine.  It's not round like the ones on the ship, however fits inside snugly and has the buckle wristband instead.  I just wanted something that I wouldn't have to worry about for a minimal cost, lol.  I already wear an Apple Watch, so guess I will just wear this on my other wrist.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZumbaCruiser said:

Which fitbit band do the medallions fit in?  The Versa looks to be square so is there a newer round version of the fitbit? Please forgive my ignorance as I still use (and love the little older fitbit Alta HR!)

Thanks, Sharon

We use the Fitbit Zip replacement bands on our last cruise and did not have a problem with them.  The bands are soft and pliable so you can fit them in with any problem.

 

 https://www.amazon.com/Buckle-Bracelet-Replacement-Silicone-Fastener/dp/B0727Y4MT6/ref=sr_1_2?crid=EA304PN12PFX&dchild=1&keywords=fitbit+zip+replacement+bands&qid=1580255129&sprefix=replacement+bands+for+fitbit+zip%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-2

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ED49404 said:

We use the Fitbit Zip replacement bands on our last cruise and did not have a problem with them.  The bands are soft and pliable so you can fit them in with any problem.

 

 https://www.amazon.com/Buckle-Bracelet-Replacement-Silicone-Fastener/dp/B0727Y4MT6/ref=sr_1_2?crid=EA304PN12PFX&dchild=1&keywords=fitbit+zip+replacement+bands&qid=1580255129&sprefix=replacement+bands+for+fitbit+zip%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-2

 

Thats the exact package I ordered, basically for $ 24.99 I received 10 bands, whereas onboard the ship I would only receive 2 bands for $24.00.  I figured we can swap them out and change up colors while onboard, besides my husband he will only won't to wear a black one, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

 

Can you order these online or have to wait until you are on the ship to purchase one? 

 

We have ordered ours through the Medallion Class App as we got "ocean ready" for our upcoming cruise.  We live in Canada so everything should be waiting for us when we check in at the port.  We found it faster last year even picking up.  By the way, the price through the app is $10.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had the wrist bands, purchased through Princess, on our recent cruise. My medallion popped out while we were on an excursion and another guest who had a Princess wristband had her's pop out while swimming in a cenote in Mexico. Someone got it back for her.  My husband never had any problems with his. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hokiefans said:

 

We have ordered ours through the Medallion Class App as we got "ocean ready" for our upcoming cruise.  We live in Canada so everything should be waiting for us when we check in at the port.  We found it faster last year even picking up.  By the way, the price through the app is $10.

 

Someone mentioned that the $10 online price did not include shipping charges and that the shipping was pricey. 😱  Just beware it will be more to order online than waiting to get onboard the ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...