Mariner Lunch

leerathje

We'll be on the Oosterdam on February 29. How and/or when would I find out about the Mariner Lunch on embarkation day?  And I mean besides reading about it on CC!  😁

L.

Edited by leerathje

8 hours ago, leerathje said:

We'll be on the Oosterdam on February 29. How and/or when would I find out about the Mariner Lunch on embarkation day?  And I mean besides reading about it on CC!  😁

L.

CC is about the only place you WILL find out about it. It's either a state secret or nobody at HAL knows about it. If you ask anyone when you board, they'll tell you lunch is in the Lido. KK is right, just go to the MDR (lower level usually) on your own.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, leerathje said:

L.

Just to clarify the situation regarding 'lunches'.   On embarkation day the MDR was previously only open to Mariners for lunch, now it is open to all.    The 'Mariners' Lunch' is usually held on a sea day and there may be 2 or 3 lunches depending on the number of mariners onboard.  You will receive an invitation to 'your' lunch in your stateroom door mailbox.  I always take the invite with me, but have never been asked to show it.  The lunch starts promptly at the noted time, as the Captain makes a speech (interesting nuggets of information) and then normally heads to the bridge to give the lunchtime navigational and weather overview over the PA system.

• Like 2