Buying a drink for a friend (not using Cheers)

frogerina

Newbie here!  We will be a group of 3.  One of the cabinmates doesn't drink at all, the other two may have 3-4 drinks over the course of the entire 7 days.  So Cheers makes zero sense for us...yes, even with the fancy coffee, etc.  So I know all drink charges and gratuities will go on Sail and Sign cards.  But...if one person wants to pay for a drink for both, how does that work?  Will the bartender place both on one card?  Is there a 5 minute wait, since one person is purchasing both?  

2 minutes ago, frogerina said:

Newbie here!  We will be a group of 3.  One of the cabinmates doesn't drink at all, the other two may have 3-4 drinks over the course of the entire 7 days.  So Cheers makes zero sense for us...yes, even with the fancy coffee, etc.  So I know all drink charges and gratuities will go on Sail and Sign cards.  But...if one person wants to pay for a drink for both, how does that work?  Will the bartender place both on one card?  Is there a 5 minute wait, since one person is purchasing both?  

Without cheers, your sign and sail is like a credit card, you can buy one or a round for everyone in sight.  There are no limits. 

Buy a pitcher that's what we did in our 8 day cruise but it was split between two people I'm not a drinker but decided to do so on vacation . 

I believe we bought around 3 pitchers for the 8 days and in land we usually buy a large President to share and local beers the island sells.

I'm thinking about next time bringing our own wine on board because I'm not sure cheers would be worth it for us when we don't drink their specialty coffee that much.

6 hours ago, frogerina said:

No package no wait. You use your card the same as a charge card. No difference. All will get charged to your room bill.