The Journeys King - dethrone me!

Five years ago, TPTB at Carnival came up with the brilliant idea to link their motley group of repositioning, one-way, transatlantic, and longer cruises under the Journeys label.  Some perks were added that were unique to cruises under this umbrella.  

I guess I like them because I've already done six:

They've all been great in their own special ways.  What I'd like to ask this esteemed group is has anyone done more of these Journeys cruises than me?  I'm guessing so, but I want details!  As many as you're willing to share.  Bonus points for the veterans of the Splendor's repositioning cruise last October.  Thanks in advance.

We've been fortunate to do 3 Journeys cruises within 11 months.  None of them were transatlantic or repositioning, so we saved a lot on airfare, and each was 14 days.  Each of them was special, as we shared them with friends and made some new friends.

I had the opportunity to do a Journey's cruise...basically for free.  But my wife and I couldn't go.  We were so, so disappointed.

We had been back from a cruise for about 3 weeks, deep in the cruise blues when I went through some mock bookings and saw something strange on carnival.com.  All of the Journey's sailings were showing as $25/pp + taxes, fees, etc.  This included a $50 OBC promo.  I simply couldn't believe it.  I called my PVP and he confirmed this was real.  The unfortunate thing was we had just used 6 days of vacation time from work and didn't have enough to cover the extended Journey's cruise.  Have yet to have an offer even come close to that.

We're going on our first in April - 10 nights on Carnival Spirit, Honolulu to Vancouver.  Did you do any kind of review for your Vancouver - Honolulu?  I'm going to check out your Breeze post right now.  We live on the beach in Cape Canaveral and I saw your ship coming in (from my bedroom slider) early Saturday morning.  It never gets old watching the ships come and go.

I think I have you beat. Too lazy to look them up.

Not because I prefer a journey's cruise, but because I do Hawaii every year and it's a journey's cruise. Others I have done have also been Journey's cruises. I really don't see a big difference between it and other cruises on Carnival.

3 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

We're going on our first in April - 10 nights on Carnival Spirit, Honolulu to Vancouver.  Did you do any kind of review for your Vancouver - Honolulu?  I'm going to check out your Breeze post right now.  We live on the beach in Cape Canaveral and I saw your ship coming in (from my bedroom slider) early Saturday morning.  It never gets old watching the ships come and go.

We will be getting on when you get off!

3 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

We are on this cruise too! So excited. 😁

17 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Five years ago, TPTB at Carnival came up with the brilliant idea to link their motley group of repositioning, one-way, transatlantic, and longer cruises under the Journeys label.  Some perks were added that were unique to cruises under this umbrella.  

I guess I like them because I've already done six:

• January 2016 - Triumph from Galveston to San Juan, 11 days
  • February 2017 - Pride from Tampa to Baltimore, 14 days
  • January 2018 - Splendor from Miami to Long Beach (with a full transit through the Panama Canal!), 14 days
  • September 2018 - Legend from Vancouver to Honolulu, 11 days
  • October 2019 - Freedom, Galveston round trip, 14 days
  • January 2020 - Breeze, Port Canaveral round trip, 14 days. 

Now, you will have to do the Pride October 31st, 2021 when she transitions from Baltimore back to Tampa!!

Karen

5 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I don't remember the Splendor cruise as a Journeys cruise - but my memory is aging.  I was also on the Pride cruise.  I think Jamman might have you beat...  EM

We were also on the Pride Tampa to Baltimore repo. We have been on three Journeys cruises with number four coming up in May. Though we enjoy the Journeys cruises, we prefer to do B2B's for our longer cruises. 😎

12 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

Was that you I saw waving?  😁  Just kidding.

I didn't do any review for the Vancouver-Honolulu trip.  I think I preferred that way to the way you're going, even though the flight home was a killer.  That said, I know you're going to enjoy it, so have fun!

And thanks, everyone, for the comments.  Keep 'em coming!

Edited by Honolulu Blue
47 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Was that you I saw waving?  😁  Just kidding.

I didn't do any review for the Vancouver-Honolulu trip.  I think I preferred that way to the way you're going, even though the flight home was a killer.  That said, I know you're going to enjoy it, so have fun!

And thanks, everyone, for the comments.  Keep 'em coming!

I sure hope you couldn't see me.   😂😂😂

We're spending 6 nights in Maui pre-cruise so we will have a very active 10 or 11 days - I'm actually looking forward to some relaxing sea days at the end of the cruise.  But flights both ways are way too long for me.  lol

I booked my 1st Journey cruise on the Sunshine October 19th mainly because of the itinerary.  Since the majority of posters are experienced journey cruisers, what makes a journey cruise different? Is it the ports and length, additional activities, more perks ?

Just curious and I am sorry if I hijacked this thread.

2 hours ago, wardwhitty said:

I booked my 1st Journey cruise on the Sunshine October 19th mainly because of the itinerary.  Since the majority of posters are experienced journey cruisers, what makes a journey cruise different? Is it the ports and length, additional activities, more perks ?

Just curious and I am sorry if I hijacked this thread.

Here's a link to the explanation on Carnival's website.
https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3936/~/carnival-journeys-cruises

On 1/29/2020 at 3:56 AM, Jamman54 said:

“Though we enjoy the Journeys cruises, we prefer to do B2B's for our longer cruises. 😎

Hi Jeff!
As a newly minted platinum cruiser, I may want to go on a Journey or B2B cruise.  But since I’m nowhere near retirement, I’d have to pick one or the other.  What are the differences between those two types of cruises?  Why do you prefer B2B?

Thank you,

Laurie 😊

Edited by TravelLots