Where does Serenity dock in New York City?

44 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

Could someone tell me where Crystal Serenity docks in New York City please?

typically, crystal docks at the Manhattan Cruise terminal.  It’s on the west side at 12th Avenue and approximately 55th street.

Nancy

Since people have mentioned traffic my recommendation when  you schedule a flight is  to take one 1:00 PM or later so you don't  have  the  stress of getting to the airport which can be causes by accidents, overall traffic and other things occurring  in and around the city.

When I make my flight decision from New York City to return  home we make it more on the timing of the specific  flights, its routing and the airline.

Keith

Keith is spot on. NYC traffic is very unpredictable. Going cross town or over any bridges are subject to delays to any airport. Plus, streets are subject to closure due to fire or police activity.

if flying out or in, use either JFK or EWR. If flying out, have a flight after 1pm. Best method of transportation is a car service.

LGA traffic can be a mess with ongoing construction.

I once got caught in ungodly traffic when a President decided to take in a show in the Theatre district while working my way to Chelsea Piers from GCT for a fundraiser during rush hour in the taxi. The driver earned a good fare.

Kate

As a former NYC resident - I agree NYC is not designed to make it easy to get anywhere quickly.  If you were really bold and knew what you are doing you could take public transportation to JFK or EWR but I mean really bold as involves getting to trains and transfers etc.   As Keith stated take a car service.

18 hours ago, nancygp said:

typically, crystal docks at the Manhattan Cruise terminal.  It’s on the west side at 12th Avenue and approximately 55th street.

Nancy

Except on 20 Sept 2020 Serenity will be docking at Red Hook Brooklyn according to an e-mail we received from Crystal.

58 minutes ago, nfcu said:

Except on 20 Sept 2020 Serenity will be docking at Red Hook Brooklyn according to an e-mail we received from Crystal.

that's why I said "typically" as crystal has used the red hook location in the past and will use it on your upcoming cruise...this has only occured a few times in the past 10 years.

Nancy

FYI,

Red Hook, Brooklyn is not part of Manhattan. It involves crossing one of the bridges to Brooklyn or Manhattan, if one desire to go into the city to tour.

JFK would be the closest airport because it is on south shore of Queens.

kate

Just be aware, if in NYC on September 20th - this is the second day of the Jewish New Year so do not be alarmed by the heavy police presence, both visual and undercover, depending on the neighborhood and whether or not there is a synagogue close by, there may be road closures which can add to travel time.

From Red Hook, JFK is is the closest and easiest airport to get to - from the Manhattan cruise terminal, EWR is the closest and the least amount of city traffic.

Generally speaking, the fastest way to travel in the city is by subway (that is how Mayor Bloomberg got to work each morning!) (yes, I know there are always problems, I live them everyday, I am saying generally speaking), otherwise if you are looking to get into Manhattan from Brooklyn, take an uber to your destination.

Depending on how much baggage one must deal with a very attractive option for accessing Manhattan is the NYC waterways South Brooklyn route from Pier 11 near Wall Street.  The Red Hook dock is probably 200 yards from the Cruise Terminal.  I and some other people used the ferry to get to QM2 for my transatlantic on the way to the Bach.

https://www.ferry.nyc/routes-and-schedules/route/south-brooklyn/

It's rare for Crystal to dock there; only if Manhattan is very busy.

Roy