Infinity 2/22/21 & 2/27/21 Sailings Chartered???

LuvCruzn4Evr

Anyone on these sailings been notified that the ship has been chartered? Both sailings disappeared from Celeb's website months ago (easily 6 months ago) and when asked why, was told they were put back into inventory maintenance. One rep said this could mean they're considering a charter. So I've been googling the various charters and last week found info on the Ultimate Disco cruise website that their 2021 cruise will be on the Infinity departing 2/22/21. 

We've had cruises chartered in the past and were notified (thankfully) well in advance. Our March 2020 Infinity cruises were cancelled due to charters and we were notified in October/November 2018 timeframe.   

We are also on this cruise & was told the same thing you were.  I found the same information you did about a Ultimate Disco cruise, which could be worse as we like music.  So I’m just waiting to see when & what Celebrity tells us!

We were on the Jan 4 Infinity cruise which was a rebook, as we booked a March 2020 cruise which got cancelled.   Similar to you, we were notified in October/November 2018 of the change.  

I talked to the concierge about this and he said this happens quite a bit especially on Infinity during March through April.  He said that charters take the ship and booked passengers are bumped.    He also told me that if you go on a charter, you book through the charter company and you do not get Captains Club points.   

I am booked on a March 2021 cruise and am expecting a note any day that I have been bumped.   Not sure why it is taking so long this year. 

There is another thread started on this yesterday.  Hopefully we will hear soon.

14 hours ago, tert333 said:

We were on the Jan 4 Infinity cruise which was a rebook, as we booked a March 2020 cruise which got cancelled.   Similar to you, we were notified in October/November 2018 of the change.  

I talked to the concierge about this and he said this happens quite a bit especially on Infinity during March through April.  He said that charters take the ship and booked passengers are bumped.    He also told me that if you go on a charter, you book through the charter company and you do not get Captains Club points.   

I am booked on a March 2021 cruise and am expecting a note any day that I have been bumped.   Not sure why it is taking so long this year. 

There is another thread started on this yesterday.  Hopefully we will hear soon.

I read the thread on the Infinity 1/7/21 charter and seems they were just recently notified. Hopefully Celebrity will let us know in the next few weeks.  It will be interesting to see the list of 'replacement' cruises and if it's possible for another back to back. 

Friends we were sailing with were notified last night that these have indeed been chartered and were given only 3 choices of replacement cruises and all 3 are in March 2021- March 6th, March 11th and March 15th. So to do a back to back you lose 1 night of sailing since the March 11th cruise is only 4 nights.  Also, compensation is $200 for suites, not $400. Have never been given only 3 choices in prior charter situations and never have all the choices been in the same month. We already have a cruise booked for March 2021 so none of the replacement cruises are an option for us. 😡

I was given 3 choices as well.   Last time it happened to me, I think I had 5 or 6 options.   Also of note, the March 6 sailing was on the website for a couple of days.   However, it is no longer showing.   Not sure if it is a glitch, but if anyone is planning on going on that option, you should contact your TA or Celebrity.

Well, I was booked on my first X cruise on the 4-night 3/4/21 sailing to Key West & Nassau.  Got a PM from my TA late Friday afternoon that there was a charter and we were being "moved" to a 3/6 5-night sailing to Labadee & Dominican Republic.  Supposedly going to try to put us all in the same cabins we had plus giving us another $100 OBC on top of the already good OBC we had, keeping the same perks (I had an inside cabin w/2 perks).

Waiting to hear what's going to happen.  I was a bit hesitant to book, as I'm a CPA and typically can't take any vacation from mid-Jan thru mid-April, but had figured since I'll be semi-retired by then, working fewer hours, a 4-nighter over a weekend was doable.  Not sure what will happen now but I plan on sailing on the 3/6 and if the partners don't like it, I guess I'll be fully retired! 😁

If they have multiple sailings to re-book, not sure how they put people in the same cabins they booked originally!  Trying to be patient. 

It's kind of funny, though.  Even though I've sailed about 40 times, almost exclusively in the Caribbean, I've never been to Key West and was looking forward to it.  Had a deposit on an MSC cruise for late April this year that was calling there but decided to book a repo on HAL (Ft Lauderdale to Montreal), so no Key West this year.  But the plan is to move to FL so I suppose I could always just DRIVE down there at some point!!

They will try to book you in the same cabin as you had.   They did that with me, but another room came up that I preferred and I took that one.   The good thing is that these are new itineraries and most of the cabins are available.  You may want to check to see if you find a room that you would prefer more.

The itinerary was there on Friday when I found out about the change but it vanished (along with my booked sailing) by Saturday a.m.  I'll keep checking back.  I was OK with the cabin I had originally (8119) but would prefer something that doesn't have a big white space next to it!  I've had noise issues on ships with those "mystery" blank areas on the deck plans!