Any need for an extra pair of shoes?

I like to travel very light and only take the shoes I'm wearing at the time.  I have an excursion in each of Cabo, Mazatlan and PV but they are just city bus tours.  I don't plan on going to the beach or anything like that.  But I did notice during my time in Ensenada that there is a fair amount of unpaved roads, though admittedly that was further out from the city or port area.  Any reason (aside from rain) that I should worry about getting my shoes really dirty?  Like regular amount of muddy puddles that I may have to navigate around and things like that?

Hi,

We also travel very light. I don't know what sort of shoes you are wearing but wouldn't worry about "muddy puddles". Walking on unpaved roads you are more likely to have some dust from the road but that's about it.

It is always good to have one extra pair of shoes just to give your feet a change up!

We do not travel light, but prefer to travel "smart."  For us this means packing for various contingencies including some back ups when it seems reasonable.  So while we may only pack a single pair of decent sneakers, we might also add a pair of decent sandals which are appropriate for lots of walking and some lousy weather.  

Hank

If I am packing my tux, I need my patent leather dress shoes to go with the tux.

I normally wear only two pairs of footwear during the cruise.  One pair of "deck shoes" which I wear at all times that I am not wearing my sandals (and which I wear onto the ship and off of the ship -- they are not packed).  The sandals are for beach, water, pool, sauna, spa. 

If we are traveling with people who are active outdoors types, I will also bring hiking boots -- in which case, I will pack the deck shoes and wear the hiking boots for embarkation and disembarkation.

My wife will take ten pair of shoes for a 7 day cruise (plus slippers).  And ten purses.  She considers this packing light.

As with most people, I have various kinds of shoes (formal, smart casual, sneakers, etc.) but the ones I predominantly in most all occasions well over 90% of the time for the past 20+ years is this exact shoe:

https://www.amazon.com/Rockport-m77353-Mens-Margin-Oxford/dp/B000EY5ORQ

Edited by CarelessAndConfused

From what you’re describing I would say that you would likely be fine. All the roads we traveled on in Ensanada were non-dirt (paved, cobblestone, etc.). I only saw dirt out of town on hike, adventure types of areas. If you’re going to La Bufadora, for example, everything will be paved.