Jump to content

Switching rooms 3 months out


jayveee
 Share

Recommended Posts

I booked an ocean view room on the 12th floor of the oasis. Now I’m having second thoughts thinking maybe I should have done and interior balcony. Just want to know if it’s even possible before I call the TA tomm. I’m pretty sure the interior balcony’s were cheeper then ocean view. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jayveee said:

I booked an ocean view room on the 12th floor of the oasis. Now I’m having second thoughts thinking maybe I should have done and interior balcony. Just want to know if it’s even possible before I call the TA tomm. I’m pretty sure the interior balcony’s were cheeper then ocean view. 

You can switch rooms after final payment date. If the new room costs more, you pay the difference; if it is less, you will not get a refund unless it is done before the final payment date.

Edited by WeighAnchor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, WeighAnchor said:

You can switch rooms after final payment date. If the new room costs more, you pay the difference; if it is less, you will not get a refund unless it is done before the final payment date.

So I can’t switch before that date? Thanks. I’m leaving on May 10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jayveee said:

So I can’t switch before that date? Thanks. I’m leaving on May 10

You can switch now. If the room is cheaper you'll get a refund. If it is more expensive you pay the difference. After final payment,  you wont get a refund. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, jayveee said:

So I can’t switch before that date? Thanks. I’m leaving on May 10

 

First of all, it doesn't matter what the price difference WAS.  It only matters what it IS.

 

Look at the website.  Go through the booking process and see what that new cabin will cost today.  If it costs more, and it is a price difference you are willing to pay, call whoever booked your cruise and make the switch.

 

If it costs less, you only have 12 days to make the switch and get back the difference on your credit card. Once you hit final payment date, no refund of the price difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  Call your TA tomorrow.  Maybe there are Central Park Balconies.  

  Or maybe you are booked in a group and there is still inventory

  in the category that you want.  Either way, your travel agent is the

  one who will be able to help you.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CAT GIRL said:

  Call your TA tomorrow.  Maybe there are Central Park Balconies.  

  Or maybe you are booked in a group and there is still inventory

  in the category that you want.  Either way, your travel agent is the

  one who will be able to help you.

 

Group space is recalled at 4 months out and not available for quad cabins.   The OP is in a cabin that sleeps more than 2 as there are lots of cabins left in both BW and CP for double occupancy yet none in either category for quads.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...