Buckets of beer

Susu1974

Can anyone tell me how much a bucket of beer costs these days? We're sailing on the Fascination in September and curious how much a bucket of Coronas would cost (how many bottles does it include?)

Thank you in advance,

Susie the wife lol 

I don’t recall the exact amount, but it’s about $25.

You CAN get a bucket of Corona, but because they come in glass bottles,  you will be served 4 beers already poured into plastic pint glasses.  They  use crushed ice as opposed to cubes and “pack” the cups in so they do not move.  You just need to drink them more quickly.    I wish Carnival would switch to cans for Corona.

*over New Years the Breeze was out of limes - may want to confirm they have limes before ordering

When do they have happy hour at Red Frog Pub? and do they include buckets of beer in this special? and how many beer are in a bucket? I'd like to order a bucket or two and bring some back to my room to have on my balcony throughout the cruise. I figure happy hour would get me the best price.

9 hours ago, Normie22 said:

When do they have happy hour at Red Frog Pub? and do they include buckets of beer in this special? and how many beer are in a bucket? I'd like to order a bucket or two and bring some back to my room to have on my balcony throughout the cruise. I figure happy hour would get me the best price.

My experience (and what I've read from others) is port day specials (including embarkation day).  The implication was buckets were part of the special, along with fish bowls or pitchers. 

As previously stated, 4 beers (or ciders) in a bucket.

My husband is a beer drinker.  Every time we’ve cruised he will order the buckets, at that time I believe we’re $25.00 for 4!  Sticker shock!  But we’re on vacay so oh well, he’ll just pay it.  What’s funny is back on land/home, he’d pay for a 30 pack for WAY less but thought a bit high.  He doesn’t complain anymore about beer prices.  He knows he’s going to be gouged on the price.  Heck, go to an event like a concert and you’re looking at $10.00 a cup!  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, James4me said:

My husband is a beer drinker.  Every time we’ve cruised he will order the buckets, at that time I believe we’re $25.00 for 4!  Sticker shock!  But we’re on vacay so oh well, he’ll just pay it.  What’s funny is back on land/home, he’d pay for a 30 pack for WAY less but thought a bit high.  He doesn’t complain anymore about beer prices.  He knows he’s going to be gouged on the price.  Heck, go to an event like a concert and you’re looking at $10.00 a cup!  

It can be sticker shock, but even on land you pay more at the local bar than you would at the grocery store/distributor.  It's that way with most items.  I can buy a 2L of soft drink on sale for around $1 at the grocery store, but the same size will be $2-3 at the pizza shop from the to go case, while a glass of soft drink for dine-in would also be close to $3.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 7:45 AM, Normie22 said:

Just got back a week ago and they had two happy hours I believe the first day and the last port day and yes it was all drinks including buckets half price, they put as many beers in as you wanted. 

The buckets were around $27 (with tip).  Four beers.  We got bottles and some of the bartenders would agree to not pop the top on all and would uncap them as requested.  This was nice, so if you didn't finish a bucket, you could save it for later or put in your cabin fridge.

On 1/29/2020 at 8:45 AM, Normie22 said:

Are you able to get a bucket of beer with your drink package ? Like to have a few on the balcony also.

3 minutes ago, Forecheck said:

Are you able to get a bucket of beer with your drink package ? Like to have a few on the balcony also.

No. Cheers does not allow anything but single drinks. That means no buckets, fishbowls, pitchers, etc.

Edited by amyotravel

1 minute ago, Forecheck said:

Thanks

You can always order and ask them not to uncap it and save for the balcony.  You would have to do this a few times due to the 5 minute rule and hope they honor your "don't pop the top" request but I know some who have done this.

3 minutes ago, 1GaPeach said:

You can always order and ask them not to uncap it and save for the balcony.  You would have to do this a few times due to the 5 minute rule and hope they honor your "don't pop the top" request but I know some who have done this.

Thanks - that will be the plan !

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I haven't bought a lot of buckets, but the ones I have bought have never came opened. I've always gotten them in the comedy club from a roaming waiter, so maybe that's why.

They'll usually break the seal but twist it back closed (if it's an aluminum bottle). Never ordered glass-bottled beer on a cruise so not sure how they'd handle a bucket order of it.

Cheers drinks served by the bottle (beer, bottled teas, etc) are supposed to be opened by the bartender to discourage hoarding.

On 1/29/2020 at 7:45 AM, Normie22 said:

From our Miracle Cruise, I told my son about Happy Hour at the Red Frog Pub. He went to buy beer and this was the dialogue. My son asked to buy a bucket of beer and was told the buckets of beer were not a part of Happy Hour pricing. My son was told he could buy individual bottles of beer at half price. He ordered 4 bottles. The bartender sold him the bottles and then asked my son if he would like a bucket and some ice to carry his beers in. YES! His wife and their friends all ordered the individual beers and received buckets and ice to carry the bottles. Also the same brand of beer was cheaper than at the pool even before the Happy Hour pricing. Happy Hour was available on port days only.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

They'll usually break the seal but twist it back closed (if it's an aluminum bottle). Never ordered glass-bottled beer on a cruise so not sure how they'd handle a bucket order of it.

Cheers drinks served by the bottle (beer, bottled teas, etc) are supposed to be opened by the bartender to discourage hoarding.

I know what you mean, but no, my buckets of (aluminum) bottles have never been opened. I don't do Cheers.