Upgrade offer - mid ship interior to back ship ocean view

Ihearttravel11

We are doing a 4-night Imagination cruise in May. Currently have a mid-ship interior Riviera room.
Was offered an upgrade to ocean view Riviera at very back of ship (R237) for $40.
Is this a good upgrade?
I chose mid-ship because last cruise I spilled my cookies, and tend to get motion sick/air sick/car sick somewhat easily. I have the cruise patch already, hoping it will help for this cruise (did not have it last time).
Going to run it by DH, as this will be his first cruise. The view may be nice, but the thought of being at the back of the ship seems like it could be a pain.
We have gotten multiple offers since first booking this vacation last September - mostly upgrades to Empress deck - but this is the first ocean view upgrade.
Thoughts?

Stay midship if you suffer from motion sickness. Also check to see what is below or above the room. There is a reason they are trying to give it away. Look on the deck plan and see if there is a crew entrance near the room. Those doors open and close very early and late into the night as the crew moves around working on the ship. That is a big upgrade but you run the risk of being sick the whole time. Hope this helps.

• Like 3

The motion sickness would be my biggest deterrent, that is the main reason I picked a mid deck ship on a low floor.
I didn't see any crew entrance near the room - it is the second to the last room on the right side of the ship.
According to the photos I looked at of the plans, the rooms seem about the same size - difference being the ocean view window.
Ever since I booked that room, they have been desperate for me to get out of it, offering me multiple upgrade offers. 
Current room IS an adjoining room - didn't realize it when I booked it - so I wonder if that could be why they want to try to get me out of it.

• Like 1

I looked at the deck plan.  It's at the very back of the ship (2nd to last cabin, in fact).  Above is all cabins (Main deck).  

If it weren't for the motion sickness issue, I would take that upgrade without hesitation!  Natural light in the morning is amazing, and great way to wake up to that view!

Aft doesn't have as much motion as forward, and you are all the way down in Riviera.  When on the lower decks in the aft, I don't feel the motion at all.  But, I'm not sensitive to it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ihearttravel11 said:

The motion sickness would be my biggest deterrent, that is the main reason I picked a mid deck ship on a low floor.
I didn't see any crew entrance near the room - it is the second to the last room on the right side of the ship.
According to the photos I looked at of the plans, the rooms seem about the same size - difference being the ocean view window.
Ever since I booked that room, they have been desperate for me to get out of it, offering me multiple upgrade offers. 
Current room IS an adjoining room - didn't realize it when I booked it - so I wonder if that could be why they want to try to get me out of it.

Probably is. They need adjoining rooms for families traveling and usually have  limited number. They probably are getting requests for them and don't have any available. Check the website and see if any adjoining rooms are still available to book. If not that will tell you what's up. If they can get you to move that's probably two rooms they can sell versus the one that's open they want to move you to. 

I would do it.  I love aft cabins, easy access to dining.

I know people always talk about you 'have to be in the middle' for motion but that is not my experience.  If the ship is moving it is all moving, this isn't some tiny raft that is riding the waves, it is plowing through them and if the motion is side to side location does nothing.

24 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

The back of the ship vibrates non stop from the props.

You would have to be about 12-15 cabins from the very rear

to get away from this. 

That's what I thought too

You'll be right over the shafts and props.

Mid-ship Inside cabins aren't that bad.........

R237.JPG

Nope.  That was the location of my first cabin on Carnival.  It was a last minute cruise.  I wouldn’t consider that an upgrade because it’s a long walk to anything.  Also, I remember a lot of clanging.  

Since Imagination is a fantasy class ship, I don’t think you even get a couch. 

I’d stay put. If I were going to spend $40 , then I use that $40 to move up a few floors. The windows are barely clean enough to see through anyway.  Just my opinion. 

It all depends on your cruise style.

My husband first cruise we had interior he enjoyed it purposely had midship so he wouldn't get sick hahaha. Mainly we enjoyed the activities on board because it was his first time so comedy at night and the show productions and the Gam show was fun and we didn't mind being on the lido deck so he knew he could relax and have fun because he was soooo scared hahaha it was cute.

Ocean view is okay for $40 upgrade it's better than some offers who get the $100 upgrade.

Talked to my husband, and we decided to stay put for now. We really like our current location, and are still 100+ days out.

Who knows? Maybe we will get an even better upgrade offer as it gets closer.

Thanks everyone, for your advice. This is only my second cruise, so I am definitely still a newbie!

• Like 2