1-30=20 Thursday Weigh-In..Last Weigh-In Of The Month

Belle

Hi everyone,

Melmer, have a great time. Hope the weather cooperates. 

Jenny, it's great you are so accountable. I try to burn lots of calories at the gym, sometimes 700 on the uphill treadmills. But boy it makes me tired. 

Have to mention something funny.....for some reason (probably because I've been busy getting our tax stuff ready for our CPA)…...I looked at the thread and my heart jumped. OMG last weigh-in of January? Oh no. 6 weeks for me until a 6 week cruise. Wow, running out of time fast.

Hope everyone has a good evening healthy eating

Diana

• Like 2

@winewanderer Thanks Diana - I often wonder where the time goes...

SO yesterday I had to leave work early for a hair appointment. No weekend spots for weeks and nothing after 6 😞 I hate leaving for stuff like that. Oh well. I did make it to the gym for some light squat recovery. Calories in - 1979 Gym - 250 Net Calories - 1729

After four full days on the detox: I had an initial loss after the first day. As of this morning, didn't lose anything else. LOL I feel good and am glad I stuck with it no cheating for 4 complete days. My honey is in town tonight and tomorrow night before leaving for 60 days for work. I made reservations at a nice steakhouse tomorrow night (his b-day is the 20th so it's kinda my early present to him) and ordered a cherry pie and vanilla ice cream (his favorite). 

So, today until dinner will be good. Not sure what we'll do tonight. I'll be back on track Thursday. Gonna hate that weigh-in LOL

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Belle said:

Now where is everyone else?  Not talking

I'm at work, trying hard to behave with cheesecake and chocolates in the office this week,  oh my! My 2 faves!  Haven't touched the cheesecake yet but had a chocolate,  the last one in the box so no more temptation.  Eating salad with salsa as a snack today, mmmmm 

• Like 1

Good Morning Everyone!  Rise and Shine.  No :classic_sleep:....:classic_smile:

A question...Do you eat Breakfast? Yes or no?   Early or late? A lot or just a small bite?  Just drink something?

What ever you do...do you think it helps with your weight loss?

I eat breakfast,  only because when I get to work,  I never know when my morning break will happen.  I never feel an urge to eat so its usually something small and hearty as I might not eat again until lunch if no break is available.  Usually oatmeal, eggs or a protein shake.  

You sure are up early today! 

• Like 1

I eat breakfast, mostly out of habit and because DH and I have it together before he goes to work (so early).  Probably medium amount: a serving of fruit and either cup of cereal with milk or 2 eggs.  I drink water, sometimes tea and DH has water and coffee.  I don't think it strongly effects my weight loss.  I do find the cereal days I'm hungry sooner than the protein days.

Every morning before my DH leaves for work he gives me coffee in bed.  When I come downstairs into the kitchen there is a bowl and spoon waiting with a box of two different types of cheerios ... and 1/2 cup measuring cups for my cereal and milk ... Makes my day!!!      When the kids were growing up he was always gone before we got up ... lots of running around gettings kids fed, clean, dressed, etc.  Nice to be pampered now.   Jan

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

Every morning before my DH leaves for work he gives me coffee in bed.  When I come downstairs into the kitchen there is a bowl and spoon waiting with a box of two different types of cheerios ... and 1/2 cup measuring cups for my cereal and milk ... Makes my day!!!      When the kids were growing up he was always gone before we got up ... lots of running around gettings kids fed, clean, dressed, etc.  Nice to be pampered now.   Jan

That's very sweet of your husband.  It's nice that you are the one being cared for now ❤️ 

• Like 3

I've just started IF two days a week and eating normally the other 5.  Lost first week but then didn't after that.  I guess I was eating too much on the other five days so am scaling back on amounts now.  The procedure works well for me and my husband IF I can only stick with it.  We have cut out desserts and don't really miss them very often.   I have about 80 pounds to lose.  I am 69 years old.  I put on the weight when I took Prednisone 15 years ago and have been carrying it around ever since.  My right knee is bad and it would really help to take some weight off of it.  Good luck everyone.  I look forward to all your good advice and comments on this forum.

Twilight Rabbit

• Like 2

Prednisone is rough.  I am usually prescribed it for severe poison ivy reactions (and of course usually have one once or twice per year no matter how careful I am).

Best wishes with your weight loss journey.  Even losing 10-15# should help your knee.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 7:05 PM, melmar02 said:

Hubby's supposed to pick up something healthy for dinner tonight.

My hubby's idea of a healthy meal is pizza and garlic fingers,  hope it better than that, heehee 

Back at it, yay! Foot is all healed. 

Last week stayed the same at 138.2 and this week I'm at 137.2

Back to my 1# a week hopefully.  I'm also weight training so expecting a slow loss. Doing non scale measurements too such as trying on pants that were super tight.  

• Like 1

@JenGi I'm so glad for your healed foot!

My motivation is stewardship and health.  In the past I always thought of stewardship as being only about money, but realized in recent years it is about all of me - including my body and my time.  For health, I have family history of diabetes and arthritis (and have some arthritis myself already) and my mom had a chronic illness that was harder to deal with when she had excess weight.  I want to be healthy as long as possible to care for my family and if I can't be healthy then I don't want weight and lack of strength to further hinder my family caring for me.

• Like 2