CocoCay beach bed rental

Jeff&Mel

Not sure if the beach beds are back.  They were gone for a while due to construction.

No one can say if they are worth it for YOU.

We booked one a number of years ago, but met a couple with a cabana, who invited us to share.

You got the beach bed and a special lunch that you pre-ordered on the ship when we booked one.  With the new CocoCay, not sure what they will include.

We booked a beach bed on our cruise on Harmony last June.  We LOVED it!  The beds are set up right next to a bar and a short walk to the restrooms. We received bottled water and a delicious lunch served to us by a server dedicated to the beach bed/cabanas. If I remember correctly, you receive a menu at the start of the cruise on what you can order for lunch.  My husband has Celiac and they had no problems accommodating his gluten free diet even at Coco Cay. It did rain while we were there. The beds are covered and we just untied the curtains on the sides of the bed and we didn't have any issues with the rain. It was one of those brief beach showers that passed quickly.

2019-06-10-11-00-12.jpg

2019-06-10-12-32-35.jpg

Edited by JEM75
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JEM75 said:

We booked a beach bed on our cruise on Harmony last June.  We LOVED it!  The beds are set up right next to a bar and a short walk to the restrooms. We received bottled water and a delicious lunch served to us by a server dedicated to the beach bed/cabanas. If I remember correctly, you receive a menu at the start of the cruise on what you can order for lunch.  My husband has Celiac and they had no problems accommodating his gluten free diet even at Coco Cay. It did rain while we were there. The beds are covered and we just untied the curtains on the sides of the bed and we didn't have any issues with the rain. It was one of those brief beach showers that passed quickly.

2019-06-10-11-00-12.jpg

2019-06-10-12-32-35.jpg

Thank you so much for the information and the photos!!  I went ahead and reserved one for our day at Cococay.  This looks perfect 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bradison said:

Our cruise planner says $199 per person.  Cabanas used to do this when it was really $399 for the whole cabana.  Is this the case her or am I looking at $400 for DW and me?

My cruise planner says PER BED not PER PERSON 🙂 !!!

We had a south beach day bed rental last week.   There was no served lunch included.  It was $199 per bed not per person.  It was actually on chill beach not south beach because south beach was still under construction.    There was a cooler with Evian water included and 4 floating mats with 2 loungers and a side table.  Supposedly south beach is opening today?? Not sure if someone can confirm this?

The bed was nice and comfortable.  Pretty close to restrooms and the lunch buffet and a drink cart.  Those photos above are slightly misleading in my opinion as you will notice nobody on the beach in front of you in those photos.  On our particular day there were tons of people who hadn’t rented a cabana or beach bed dragging loungers from behind the beach beds up to waterfront.  Directly to the right there is an open section that was full of free space for loungers.  We had 2 completely obnoxious groups of people in that free space between the beach beds and cabana sections.  This can obviously vary from sailing to sailing and we drew a short straw.  We were on Navigator and Mariner was also there that day.  Just don’t go in thinking it’s private at all and there’s no way to know if you will get peace and quiet or multiple obnoxious sloppy drunken bachelorette parties right next to you until you show up that day.

On 1/30/2020 at 6:20 AM, Jeff&Mel said:

This will be our first time going to Cococay.  Is the South beach beach bed rental worth it?

What happens if it rains?  Will we receive a refund?

What is included in the beach bed?  Thank you for your response!

So to answer your question, no, to me it wasn’t worth it but that doesn’t mean you will have the same experience.  

9 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

So to answer your question, no, to me it wasn’t worth it but that doesn’t mean you will have the same experience.  

Thank you for posting your experience and photos.  I appreciate all the information I can get.  Now I will be mentally prepared for a crowd 🙂  

Can anyone confirm or deny if they give out wristbands for the beach beds and only those people with a wristband are allowed to use them? We have a group of 9 adults and booked 2 beds as a “home base” to switch in & out during the day, but will they limit us to only 8 people max?

The only way rain will cancel it, is if there is also lightening, or the ship misses that port.  Rain doesn't cancel your day there....but if the forecast is for major rain, YOU may cancel either 24 or 48 hours in advance for a refund.

So looking at Cruise Planner today there are no longer any beach beds listed at South Beach. There are the Chill Island ones which I've booked and now the Breezy Bay at Chill Island Full-Day Beach Bed Rental which looking at the latest map are just to the left of the beach club with a view of over the water cabanas.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

We booked a South Beach Day Bed several weeks ago for our December cruise. We have had a Day Bed on South Beach a couple time in the past. Great location! Just yesterday it was changed to Breezy Bay Day Bed at Chill Island in our Cruise Planner. The Day Beds on South Beach are no longer an option.

We have not received an email from RCCL concerning the change. Normally we do when RCCL makes a change/canceleation on their end. 

The South Beach Day Beds used to be located where the South Beach cabanas are shown on the map.